QA Application Software Tester II
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop testing strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed.
- Manage code deployments through to the Production environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate, plan, design, develop, and deploy testing techniques for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Create, modify and execute manual and automated test scripts, cases, and scenarios based on requirements or existing functionality that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Analyze and provide recommendations for documentation and technical specifications of any new application or enhancement under development or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
- Liaise with programmers, analysts and system architects to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Write, publish and communicate user and technical release notes.
- Update, publish and communicate changes to user manuals.
- Review, analyze, select and implement new automated build, deployment and testing tool technologies.
- Plan and facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) including, but not limited to, leading the required technical setup and guiding users through test scenarios.
- Answer end-user questions regarding software functionality including the research of issues reported by operations staff to help determine cause.
- Conduct post-project reviews and create recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Facilitate the code deployment and configuration management processes through all environments including development, staging and production with the goal being 100% error-free. This includes scheduling, executing, documenting and communicating throughout each phase.
- Develop & implement the procedures for delivering and managing software releases
- Define, document and provide guidance for the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Identify issues and opportunities within the SDLC and gather feedback from others.
- Facilitate quarterly SDLC reviews, make suggestions for improvement, take required action and act as main collaborator for others with required action to ensure successful change management for the larger group.
- Act as Administrator of the code repositories including user setup, security and maintenance.
- Serve as a mentor for employees positioned at Level I.
- Understand, adhere to and implement security standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES
- BA/BS in Business or IT related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 + years QA/testing experience.
- Extensive experience in the design, development, and implementation of software testing techniques.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Extensive analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Complete understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Logical and efficient.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment and cross-functionally across the organization.
- Direct hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Ability to work with customers and end-users, understand their business practices, and manage their expectations.
- High level of understanding of software design concepts.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Highly self motivated.
- Ability to conduct research in business systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be proficient on the Internet and with such PC applications as Microsoft Excel, Word and GroupWise or like applications necessary for documentation and internal and external communications.
- Strong knowledge of relational database technologies with the ability to navigate, update and analyze data, stored procedures, permissions, indexes and key constraints and interpret the meaning and functionality.
- Must have an understanding of predominant software development methodologies including Waterfall and Agile
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability. Background checks and drug testing required.
Founded in 1933, CBE Companies is a global provider of outsourced call center solutions focused on connecting people to solutions. The company specializes in receivables management, fraud and customer care services. This narrow focus enables the company to be an expert in every aspect of the business. From a one-of-a-kind culture immersion approach to a proven ramp process, CBE's focused expertise saves its partners money and enables them to focus on their core business.
With more than 1,100 people in five locations globally, CBE Companies can deliver the right solution in the right location(s) for your ever-changing business needs. Its corporate headquarters is located in Cedar Falls, Iowa, with two facilities in Waterloo, Iowa, and additional facilities in New Braunfels, Texas and Manila, Philippines. The organization is consistently recognized as a local Employer of Choice. It has also been recognized by Workplace Dynamics as one of Iowa's Top Workplaces.
Cedar Falls, IA
Sun, 10 Sep 2017 08:13:21 PDT