Senior Associate Director for Domestic Recruitment
Search # 17-54A
Senior Associate Director for Domestic Recruitment
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Reporting to the Senior Director for Domestic and International Recruitment, the Senior Associate Director for Domestic Recruitment position will lead and manage the domestic recruitment team and manage all domestic recruitment activities in the Office of Graduate Admissions. The position will be responsible for domestic recruitment initiatives in areas as identified in the strategic goals for the office. The incumbent will perform significant recruiting and admissions functions such as meeting with prospective students, attending domestic graduate and professional education fairs, university visits, webinars, chat sessions, and planning and organizing recruitment events leading to significant generation of inquiries at the top of the funnel. The position will create and execute a lead nurturing process that yields more applications and enrollments.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Senior Director for Domestic and International Recruitment
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Associate Director for Domestic Recruitment, Admissions advisors (2), Admissions Assistant (1), Graduate Student Workers
- Provide day-to-day oversight, hire and train all domestic recruitment and advising staff
- Provide direction, set priorities and create recruitment/yield plans in accordance with the domestic goals set for the department
- Hire and manage Graduate Student Assistants with a focus on graduate recruitment and yield
- Oversee participation of current graduate students in the office of graduate admissions calling campaigns
- Create recruitment/yield plans in accordance with the domestic goals set for the department
- With direction from the Senior Director, create a domestic recruitment plan a year in advance for an academic recruitment cycle to allow for planning of marketing activities, outreach, event planning, event participation etc. Once a recruitment plan is developed and approved, ensure the recruitment plan is executed successfully
- Maintain statistics of student demographics, quality, feeder schools, geographic location, etc. with support from the operations team as well as available tools (CRM, Banner and others) and utilizing this in effective recruitment
- Collaborate with the operations team to develop predictive modeling tools that will help in the creation of a successful recruitment plan needed to shape the graduate student population, increase enrollment yields, and improve selectivity to meet the university enrollment goals
- Modeling data to be shared and discussed with the colleges/program coordinators to ensure proper recruitment areas, programs, target audience etc can be identified and appropriate marketing activities planned.
- Participate in all events (on and off-campus) as scheduled in the recruitment plan ensuring increase in lead generation and applications
- Research recruiting techniques and feedback from current students that can be leveraged to improve current recruitment plans
- Cross-train staff to create redundancies in all areas of domestic recruitment
- Ensure staffing of all domestic recruitment events as scheduled in the recruitment plan ensuring increase in lead generation and applications
- Collaborate with the entire recruitment team, sharing best practices, current challenges, and opportunities and to assist in framing overall recruitment strategy thereby increasing inquiries and meeting domestic enrollment goals
- In coordination with the operations team create a robust, targeted communication plan using multi-channel communication with the leads/inquiries and successfully execute it. Ensure proper hand-off to the operations team and ensure closure by the advisor when needed.
- Monitor recruitment activities and advise of any mid cycle changes needed in order to meet targets for the recruitment cycle
- Work with the systems and operations team to maintain reports for all domestic recruiting initiatives that include tracking ROI, conversions from lead, inquiry, application, admit to enrollment. Conduct statistical research on target populations to optimize recruitment and gauge recruitment effectiveness
- Ensure domestic student requirements are incorporated into the CRM Work closely with the systems and operations team to ensure the integrity of the data captured in the CRM
- Utilize the existing relationships of the University's to support the development of a broader network to enhance domestic recruitment
- In coordination with the marketing/social media recruitment manager monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Liaise with the alumni office to leverage alumni for networking and recruiting events
- Ensure a record of all recruiting events are in the CRM and track prospect conversions from inquiry to application for all such events
- Work closely with the Marketing/ Social Media recruitment manager to create effective social media campaigns and ad campaigns
- With direction from the Senior Director execute and monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Effectively use data to assess strategy and priorities
- Support Admissions related activities during peak periods and as needed
- Ensuring an unparalleled customer service experience to all prospective students throughout the recruitment cycle.
- Serve as the back-up to the domestic recruiters during peak periods
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Education (Required): Graduate degree in Business, Marketing or Higher Education.
Experience (Required): A minimum of 8+ years of higher education experience in admissions (preferably graduate), of which at least 5 years must have a focus on domestic recruitment that includes representing the university at graduate fairs, working with local and national universities to create recruitment/partnership opportunities. Minimum 3+ years of experience managing a team and working with local and national organizations to enhance outreach initiatives. Demonstrated successful experience in developing, evaluating, and improving recruitment, enrollment, and marketing strategies from a data-driven perspective, including the use of integrated marketing campaigns and social media to improve the recruitment
and enrollment of domestic students. Proven success launching successful recruitment campaigns from concept to deployment to results within a given budget. Has a record of success in meeting domestic enrollment and geographical diversity goals. Using social media as part of recruiting strategies with experience creating innovative and effective social media campaigns.
Other Skills: The individual must have excellent written and oral communication, outreach, public speaking/presentation and networking skills. Stellar managerial and leadership skills. Candidates must demonstrate strong organizational skills; the ability to professionally interact and communicate with internal and external constituents, multitask, attention to detail and work to aggressive deadlines is of great importance. Excellent project and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with leadership, faculty and staff.
Highly skilled in the use of MS Office Suite, CRM tools, Student Information systems (Preferably Banner) are required; a motivated and enthusiastic work style.
The ability to professionally represent the University is of great importance.
A commitment to excellence in customer service is mandatory.
Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including early morning, evening and weekends during peak times is necessary and expected.
This position requires a valid US Passport, US driver's license and a safe driving record.
How To Apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume with a list of 3-5 professional references to:
Search Committee Chair
University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Road • West Haven, CT 06516
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (electronic submission is preferred) Please make sure to reference search # 17-54A in the subject line
The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer