Adjunct Faculty- Communication Sciences and Disorders
The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Elmhurst College in the greater Chicago area invites applications to join the pool of part-time (adjunct) faculty for the 2017-2018 academic year.
We particularly welcome candidates interested in teaching about acquired communication and swallowing disorders typically treated in medical settings.
1. Master’s degree or higher in communication sciences and disorders, speech-language pathology or a closely related field.
2. A keen interest in engaging students and fostering their learning in the field of communication sciences and disorders.
- Available for some daytime teaching.
- Experience in college-level teaching in communication sciences and disorders.
- CCC-SLP or CCC-A certification.
- Doctoral degree in communication sciences and disorders, audiology or closely related field preferred.
- Clinical experience in speech-language pathology, audiology or deaf education.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a commitment to excellence in undergraduate teaching. Responsibilities for this adjunct faculty position include course preparation, teaching, grading and being available to students who have questions or require extra help.
Department-The undergraduate program in Communication Sciences and Disorders was founded in 1946. The masters program in speech-language pathology was fully accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) in 2017. The department is located in a newer building and houses a speech-language-hearing clinic and new voice and swallowing laboratory.
Application Process. Apply online at:
http://elmhurst.simplehire.com/postings/580 Complete the faculty application, attach a cover letter describing your teaching interests and how you meet the preferred candidate qualifications, attach a curriculum vitae and the names and contact information for three references. A complete set of official transcripts will be required prior to appointment.
For questions about the positions, please contact Dr. Gerard Poll, Chair, CSD, at email@example.com or at 630-617-5280. Elmhurst College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.