Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC)
We are currently seeking an Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC) to join our team! The Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC) serves as the focal point for the coordination of emergency response activities to actual or possible CBRN incidents which effect the American diplomatic enterprise worldwide.
- Coordinate the Diplomatic Security (DS) response to incidents involving hazardous materials and weapons of mass destruction including references to or the implied use of chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear materials against American interests, diplomatic posts and personnel worldwide.
- Act as a liaison on behalf of the WMD Countermeasures Division to necessary and appropriate United State Government (USG) and foreign partner agencies in order to provide for effective intelligence and information sharing.
- Represent the WMD Countermeasures Division in both departmental and interagency meetings and working groups.goals
- Provide the Department with a 24/7/365 responsiveness and advisory capability for WMD/CBRN issues.
- Respond to emergency situations involving DOS equities within the National Capital Region and elsewhere as needed.
- Minimum of ten years of general experience in the CBRN field and/or Public Safety, either as a First Responder or Emergency Management coordinator in the field.
- CBRN emergency management is required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of training precepts and techniques that support instructional systems design processes are required. The ability to transcribe technical information into wording and formats for comprehension by all customers, at all levels, who may have limited backgrounds and understanding of the WMD field, is required.
- Familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines which govern the response to hazardous materials incidents and also confirmed or suspected CBRN/WMD incidents.
- Demonstrated experience in responding to HM/CBRN/WMD incidents as part of an interagency effort, in addition to supporting State, Federal and Local entities for the purposes of high visibility, special events.
- Strong Customer Service skills. Resolves complex problems and provides solutions while providing quality service.
- Thorough knowledge of the DOS WMD Countermeasures program, achieved by a minimum of five years of experience as an Instructor, Senior Instructor or Regional Training Coordinator.
- Experience working with foreign language translators/interpreters in emergency and incident management required.
- A TOP SECRET/SCI clearance is required
Born of necessity and shaped by need, Guardian Centers operates the most advanced disaster training centers in the world. Replicating hazards in a size and scale never before seen, our facilities provide realistic and integrated capabilities to help improve inter-agency disaster response. Guardian Centers is dedicated to helping all responders - government, public and private - achieve their vital mission.
Guardian Centers provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Sun, 10 Sep 2017 19:12:10 PDT