Software Support Specialist
With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 50 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully-accredited, public two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that can lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning
The Software Support Specialist is responsible for providing effective technical expertise in managing third party software for the college.
The Software Support Specialist also works with both technical and non-technical individuals supporting a wide range of technologies, as well as be the primary contact for software customers.
Title: Software Support Specialist
Position ID number: 2071
Posted Date: 09/08/2017
Job Category: Staff
Department: Information Services - HINS
Position Status: Full-Time Staff
Salary Range: $57,026-$71,282
- A minimum of two (2) years' work experience supporting vendor supplied software.
- Bachelors Degree in computer related field.
- Possess a working knowledge of relational databases.
- Possess a working knowledge of document management systems.
- Have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with users at multiple levels of the organization and a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and independently. Ability to negotiate with users and effectively build consensus among users with different perspectives.
- Knowledge with IIS, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft SQL, VMware, and Certificate Management in a windows environment.
- Knowledge with third party reporting tools such as Entrinsik Informer and Crystal Reports.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with students, administrators, faculty, staff, vendors, suppliers and the public.
- Knowledge of and exposure to security concepts within a database environment.
- Project management experience within an Information Services/Technology environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings, weekends and college-closed periods, to accommodate the needs of the college. Must be accessible by cell phone as requested.
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet short deadlines. Ability to interpret and follow written instructions from vendors as it applies to installation, updates, or fixes for third party software.
- Maintain a high level of integrity as the software managed contains highly confidential information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, requiring the individual to be highly organized.
- Highly adaptable to different technology such as a document imaging system, work order software, room and event scheduling software, mass notification software, reporting software, etc.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae