Director of Enrollment Systems and Operations
Search # 17-62A
Director of Enrollment Systems and Operations
Reporting to the Senior Associate Vice President (SAVP) for Graduate and International Admissions, the Director of Enrollment Systems and Operations will be responsible for implementation of new systems and maintenance/enhancements for existing IT systems for the Office of Graduate Admissions (OGA). He/she will also oversee the operations from inquiry to enrollment, and ensuring retention. The incumbent is also responsible for providing timely and quality data analysis that would help in tactical and strategic decision-making in support of strategic recruitment efforts in the graduate enterprise. The incumbent will implement and supervise initiatives set forth by the SAVP.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Senior Associate Vice President for Graduate and International Admissions
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Assistant Director for Admissions Operations, Assistant Director for Admissions Communications, Assistant Director for Enrollment Analytics and Retention, Admissions Processing staff
- Oversee the management, hiring and training of operations staff including graduate student assistants.
- Lead the implementation of all IT related tools/projects from requirements definition through testing and implementation (including use case development, testing, end-user training, system configuration and data migration). Be the SME on all matters related to the implementation and manage the project for OGA providing updates and status as needed.
- Serve as the primary interface for end user (staff, faculty and administrators) issue resolution – working with the vendor and leveraging other platforms to resolve any issues
- For the CRM, serve as the SME providing guidance to the team on new features, future releases, enhancements etc. Serve as the lead interface with the vendor as needed.
- Identify inefficiencies and work to improve efficiency of the existing system configuration including but not limited to tweaking scripts, code as needed to improve performance
- Work with the Director of Recruitment and Outreach to identify any current efficiency issues that impact productivity and resolve these utilizing available features.
- Ensure desk procedures and related training material is developed/in use for end-users
- Devise ways to add new functionality to existing IT tools/systems
- Enhance existing CRM capabilities by monitoring efficiency and improving on the system efficiency
- Serve as an internal IT resource to the office; identifying and implementing new tools that may benefit the office- not limited to R, Tableau, etc. that can help improve reporting, enrollment projections, workflows etc.
Operations and Data Support:
- Primary owner for Office of Graduate Admissions workflows and business processes.
- Responsible for retention of enrolled students, ensuring enrollment goals set forth for the returning and continuing population is met
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Domestic and International Recruitment, the Academic Departments, Office of Marketing and Communications lead the effort in building a comprehensive and effective communication plan in the CRM that supports recruitment, yield and retention initiatives; ensure this plan is executed successfully and monitored to ensure effectiveness
- Collaborate with the recruitment team and other entities on-campus to ensure new student needs are addressed during orientation, pre arrival etc.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to build a robust paperless application system ensuring a seamless experience for prospective students
- Ensure all admissions policies and procedures are adhered to and documents are processed quickly and securely stored electronically and available as needed for audit and compliance purposes
- Primary owner of the application review process, ensuring all processes are in place to ensure timely return of decision letters
- Ensuring the CRM is used for all tasks related to process improvement within the office
- Serve as the primary owner of all data and ensuring data integrity.
- Develop and maintain predictive modeling tools that will help create a successful recruitment plan needed to shape the graduate student population, increase enrollment yields, improve selectivity, retention and other needs aligned with the organization goals
- Develop an enrollment/budget projection model to optimize usage of financial resources
- Build customized dashboards, provide daily/weekly standard analytical reports needed as well as ad-hoc report requests, research and analytic support to key decision makers for feedback and improvement of recruitment strategies
- Ensure that all websites (internal and external) are current and up to date
- Ensure that all university websites are effective and provide an informative and positive experience for prospective and new students
- Ensure analytics are tracked in marketing and communication campaigns, websites to monitor campaign effectiveness. Interpret analytics on admissions/school websites, social media, blogs etc to decision makers to improve marketing, recruitment techniques
- Work collaboratively with the recruitment team to inform them of recruitment trends, etc to ensure proper marketing techniques are utilized
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Education (Required): A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in computer science, information systems, information technology, or related degree. Master's degree preferred.
Experience (Required): 8+ years of progressively responsible experience that includes 3+ years of experience implementing IT systems/tools, creating relevant reporting systems/methods and extracting key intelligence from large data sets. 5+ years experience in reporting, business processes and analysis, or related area required. At least 5 years of experience managing people and creating lean processes. Preference will be given to those who have worked in admissions or in institutional research at a higher education institution. Experience with database management, scripting languages, SQL queries of substantial complexity, advanced Microsoft Excel experience - including pivot tables, using built in functions like vlookup, index, match etc, array formulas, VBA etc). Experience with Student Information Systems (preferably Banner), CRM systems (preferably Technolutions Slate), Google Analytics, or similar analytics solutions.
Experience (Preferred): Experience in a statistical package (R-Tableau, SAS or SPSS or an equivalent statistical analysis software package)
Other Skills: The individual must have the ability to analyze, interpret and communicate complex data and present complex ideas to technical and non-technical staff. Ability to learn new software as needed by the office.
Ability to work independently, maintain strict confidentiality and data integrity. Strong analytical skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail and work to aggressive deadlines is of great importance. Excellent project and time management skills, strong organizational skills and the ability to professionally interact and communicate with internal and external constituents. A motivated and enthusiastic work style. The ability to professionally represent the University is of great importance.
A commitment to excellence in customer service is mandatory
Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including early morning, evening and weekends is necessary and expected.
How To Apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume with a list of 3-5 professional references to:
Search Committee Chair
University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Road • West Haven, CT 06516
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (electronic submission is preferred) Please make sure to reference search # 17-62A in the subject line
The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Apply for Director of Enrollment Systems and Operations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly