Simulation Specialist, Video Services
The Simulation Specialist coordinates all media support provided in the JCCC OHEC Nursing Simulation Center, which includes the video recording of students/participants sessions in simulation, live streaming and/or playback to viewing rooms, editing recorded segments into instructional packages for student use and instructor evaluation, and the digital management and security of all media used in the Center.
This position works directly with Healthcare administration, faculty, staff, and students to achieve the instructional objectives and goals of the Center and the mission of JCCC. This position assists in the creation of innovative solutions and is a liaison for faculty and staff for the incorporation of simulation into the training for students, residents and healthcare professionals. This position will be instrumental in developing the simulation program to align with the multidisciplinary curriculums at the Olathe Health Education Center.
- Associate's degree in media production or related field, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Macintosh operating system, especially in data management of large video files, required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Photoshop, required.
- Working knowledge of Studiocode software, or similar simulation software, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Crestron programming or similar automation software, preferred.
- Ability to manage, adapt and troubleshoot a multitude of technology, including simulation equipment, computers and monitors interfacing across a network, required.
- Video production skills, including shot composition, an understanding of audio levels, editing, graphics and file rendering, preferred.
- Understanding of Audio/Visual technology and signal flow, required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse college community environment, required.
- Flexibility to provide technical support along with the professional demeanor required when working directly with faculty and students, required.
- Ability to work a flex schedule to accommodate evening and weekend productions, including last-minute requests, required.
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance, required.
- Lifting and moving up to 50 pounds 15 feet.
- May work from ladder or lift.
Experience in video engineering and simulation technology, video production and post-production support, required.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Olathe, Kansas, United States
Hours per Week
Please submit resume and cover letter.