Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Responsible for the sale of Restaurant Magic's (RM) software products and services. Promotes and demonstrates the products to prospects. Performs needs analysis and develops sales messages to meet needs. Attends trade shows and industry-related events as a representative of RM. Operates under minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Skillsets:
- Bachelor's degree in business or IT
- Minimum of 3 years experience in software/technology sales
- Experience in the Restaurant/Hospitality indusrty preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication
- "Hunter" mentality
- Strong executive-level communication and presentation skills
- Experience in leveraging inside sales resources effectively
% of Duties:
Prospect and Closing (70% of time)
- Achieve sales goals from lead generation through closure by follow up calls, web meetings and face-face meetings
- Presents company and product as the premier solution in the indusrty
- Personifies, coordinates & aggressively drives selling within key chain accounts
- Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipeline to ensure continuous growth and movement of near- and long-term opportunities
- Aggressively scans for prospective deals and third party relationship opportunities
- Establishes professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, management, other key personnel)
- Negiotiate, overcome objections and close business
- Represent company at seminars and shows
Internal Communication & Documentation (15% of time)
- Document prospect profile data into Salesforce database.
- Communicate to Sales Managers appointments booked and provide regular feedback.
- On-going updating of Salesforce database with additions to company key contacts, titles, telephone numbers, profile data.
- Provide follow up communication and confirmation to prospects.
- Weekly sales information exchange meeting
- Completes paperwork and maintains Salesforce system
- Communicates with internal team to prepare for new business.
Research and Product Knowledge (15% of time)
- Research internet , prior mailing campaigns, news releases, customers, tradeshow attendee lists, newsletters and other sources for prospects.
- Monitor prospect company information for potential change i.e., acquistions, divestitures or changes in company structure indicating a need to for expanded payroll tax processing.
- Continious development of personal product knowledge
- Attends all appropriate internal training sessions.
- Practices with, and maintains full proficiency with Company's software.
- Reads all appropriate trade publications.
- Maintains a full knowledge of industry trends, and systems that Data Central integrates with.
Since 1989, Restaurant Magic's mission has been to deliver the best restaurant computer software and service to the hospitality industry, providing the right information in the right hands at the right time to help our customers prosper. That is the core of our mission at Restaurant Magic, developers of Data Central. We strive daily to develop and implement the finest restaurant back office software in the hospitality and restaurant industries.
Sat, 9 Sep 2017 10:48:10 PDT