Fundraising Event Manager
LA's BEST is currently seeking a full-time Fundraising Events Manager who has expertise executing all aspects of fundraising event logistics and production, timetables and budgets, and pre- and post-event communication with vendors, sponsors, and guests. The ideal candidate should have experience working with nonprofit organizations and understands this unique lens to organizing and running fundraising events.
We are seeking a self-starting, detail-oriented, well-organized candidate with enthusiasm, creativity, a positive perspective, sense of humor, and can-do attitude. This candidate should have the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment. The Fundraising Events Manager will be an integral member of the Development Department.
The Fundraising Events Manager is key to the successful production of LA's BEST two signature (500+ person) events currently in the Spring and Fall and smaller stewardship events such as cocktail parties at informal venues or private homes and other events that support LA's BEST annual development goals.
LA's BEST is a partnership between the City of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) and the private sector providing an after school program to 25,000 kids each school day at 193 elementary schools in the most economically distressed neighborhoods throughout LA. LA's BEST goes beyond basic education to instill healthy values & build skills in athletics, technology, science & the arts.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Conceptualize, develop, and execute all fundraising events in collaboration with the Development Team, Operations Liaisons, Board Members, Event Committees and Volunteers.
- Manage the coordination of event production from inception to completion including but not limited to: all the logistics of the event, the guest experience from receiving the invitation to follow-up; coordinating vendors; managing and organizing auctions (live, silent, online); managing event committees and organizing the tribute book for the Spring event.
- Responsible for coordinating creative design of events, working with event producers and other third party vendors as appropriate.
- Manage event budgets and provide analysis to assist with cost-savings to maximize net return.
- Document procedures and maintain very organized files including a complete narrative and financial analysis for every event.
- Manage the production of event-related communications, including sponsor decks, donation letters, invitations, emails, the program and tribute book for the Spring event.
- Lead event committee meetings and document all action items and communicate to Development Department and Board Members.
- Manage and implement the administration of all auctions, including live, silent and online auctions.
- Participate in soliciting in-kind donations of goods and services for use at special events (auction items, raffles, prizes).
- Participate in Development Department activities and contribute as needed to reach LA's BEST fundraising targets.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree and five years of professional working experience.
- Minimum of three years' experience managing special events with 500+ guests, with increasing responsibility and ideally in a nonprofit setting.
- Superior organizational skills and strict attention to detail a must; demonstrated ability to proactively manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Work a flexible schedule which includes some nights and weekends. Must be available to work weekend events in May, June and October.
- Database/CRM management experience required.
- Proficiency is expected with the most recent Google Drive, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher, and PowerPoint; and a general comfort level with technology, including websites and social networking.
- Ability to be focused, set priorities, and stay calm and measured in all situations; ability to be flexible and to manage different projects concurrently, sometimes under pressure.
- Proven track-record of leveraging opportunities to raise funds through multiple methods (ticket sales, sponsorship, auctions), and motivating lay leaders to achieve revenue goals for events.
- Exceptional relationship management skills, as well as superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sound judgment and provide customer-centered service when dealing with colleagues, committees, vendors, donors, and volunteers.
- A valid California driver's license and automobile insurance are required as well as access to an automobile for local travel.
Job Type: Full-time position, requires availability during evening and weekend hours. LA's BEST is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience. LA's BEST offers a complete benefits package.
Location: LA's BEST Corporate Office is located in City Hall and parking is available.
About LA's BEST
LA's BEST provides an after school enrichment program to 25,000 elementary school students in 193 schools in the most economically distressed neighborhoods throughout the City of Los Angeles. Students are given the tools to excel in school, discover new talents and create a brighter future. With a focus on community development, we employ over 2,000 program staff who are deeply connected to the communities they serve and the children they coach and inspire. LA's BEST creates stronger and safer communities.
Every school day, from the time the school bell rings until 6pm, each LA's BEST student receives a nutritious supper, help with their homework and a wide array of enrichment activities. We go beyond basic education to instill healthy values and build skills in key areas, including: Literacy, Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Arts, Sports & Fitness, Health & Nutrition, and Social Emotional Learning.
To learn more, check out our Annual Report!
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please write 'Fundraising Events Manager' and your full name in the subject line of the email. No calls please.
LA's BEST Better Educated Students for Tomorrow is a nationally recognized after school education, enrichment and recreation program serving more than 27,000 children with the greatest needs and fewest resources throughout the City of Los Angeles. LA's BEST After School Enrichment Program provides a safe haven for children, ages 5 to 12, at 193 LAUSD elementary school sites each day during the critical hours after school at no cost to parents. Established in 1988, LA's BEST is a partnership including the City of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Unified School District and the private sector.
Los Angeles, CA
Sat, 9 Sep 2017 15:20:56 PDT