HIL System Integration Test Management Engineer
HIL System Integration Test Management Engineer
- The Hardware in the Loop (HIL) System Integration Test Manager supports product development and system integration by managing the test process for the assigned vehicle programs throughout the project lifecycle.
- During the planning phase, the key responsibility is to define a test plan that captures the project scope for the different features under test based on the Product Direction Letter, Feature Implementation Plan, and available documentation. This plan incorporates the test policy, strategy, goals, schedule for the project stages and test cycles, and the approach for incident management.
- This role is also responsible for coordinating with stakeholders and getting commitment to the test plan in order to meet stakeholders' expectations and deliver the project goals.
- During the execution phase, the HiL System Integration Test Manager tracks the project's progress by monitoring it against the plan, verifying and reporting the progress, and providing information regarding the level of quality in its execution. Ensuring that the team delivers their work products according to the plan and the stakeholder's expectations.
- This role requires expertise in software test management and advanced knowledge in vehicle functional partitioning, electrical and communication architectures, Ford's embedded software processes, and the Global Product Development System.
- Manage the test project including integration/definition, scope/coverage, time, communications, and risk
- Define project scope by prioritizing features under test considering the Product Direction Letter, Feature Implementation Plan, program priorities, and the test strategy and policy. Gain commitment from stakeholders
- Develop statements of work with internal customers and suppliers
- Hardware Configuration Management
- Define and specify the required vehicle variants to support the scope of the test project
- Plan, procure and maintain vehicle components including surrogate, prototype, and instrumented parts
- Analyze bills of materials of target program and donor programs to identify surrogate parts, minimize ordering of unnecessary parts, and exclude simulated components
- Procure and coordinate hardware updates
- Software Configuration Management
- Define test cycles in line with software release schedules, the software change management process, and prototype software delivery
- Communicate software release information to the test team
- Procure and perform software updates
- Communication Management
- Main point of contact for the test organization and the electrical program management team
- Monitor and report progress of the test project execution, software maturity, and vehicle hardware and software defects
- Manage incident lifecycle to ensure timely incident disposition
- Process Improvement
- Maintain the test policy and test strategy to reflect improvement actions
- Define and monitor test performance indicators to implement continuous improvement strategies for test design, management, and execution processes
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Software quality assurance certification applicable to embedded software (ISO 26262 - Functional Safety, Automotive SPICE, ISTQB, ASQ, TMMi, etc.)
- Completed project management training
- 2+ years of experience utilizing software testing or quality assurance methodologies
- 2+ years of experience implementing software configuration management
- 2+ years of experience managing test projects within a formal software or vehicle testing organization
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Project Management or Business Administration
- Participation in the execution of formal process improvement in a testing organization (TMMi, CMM, Automotive SPICE)
- Project management or test management certification (E.g. PMI CAPM, PMI PMP, ISTQB Test Manager)
- Experience with development and verification of embedded software using hardware in the loop equipment and software (E.g. dSpace, National Instruments)
The distance between imagination and ... creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you'd expect from a diverse global leader. You'll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products - and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Ford Motor Company is about more than making world-class vehicles - at Ford we Go Further to make people's lives better. In order to continue to build upon the success of our world renowned Ford and Lincoln brands, we are looking to attract top talent like you!
Sat, 9 Sep 2017 08:08:25 PDT