The Data Scientist will be a key contributor to a new, growing business that measures the actual retail sales impact of advertising on products produced by the largest consumer package goods manufacturers and sold at the largest retailers. This key data science position will drive and participate in the design and implementation of algorithms that use both historical and near real-time sales data together with other varying data to:
- Optimize the targeting and on-going delivery of digital and non-digital advertising, and
- Measure the sales impact of that advertising
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and continually refine analytical methods for targeting, optimizing, and measuring
- Develop and deliver tested prototypes (to Engineering) that become part of our business service
- Collaborate with other data scientists, engineers, and operations experts to
- Ensure that methods and code can be productized and operated efficiently at scale
- Identify opportunities for continual enhancement
- Develop and maintain clear documentation for all analytical programs and techniques
- Contribute ideas on which business problems can / should be addressed with which data
- Help identify tools, data, and data architecture that can accelerate the development of our IP
- Collaborate to determine best way to display complex analytics in client-digestible formats
- Deliver presentations on: proposed processes; results; and show & tell application prototypes
- Demonstrated skill in statistical coding using Python with embedded SQL
- Have done numerical/statistical /mathematical modeling - Linear modeling (ANCOVA)
- Experience in analysis of large data sets highly desirable
- Experience/skills in Geographic Information Systems highly desirable
- Degree in any related field: applied math; engineering; computer science; physics; or some measurement science (e.g. advanced degree in behavioral sciences)
- Two plus years of work experience, internships and/or school projects
- Domain knowledge of Consumer Package Goods and retail a plus
Retail Solutions, Inc. ("RSi") develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of award-winning software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that turn Retailer downstream data, such as point-of-sale (POS), supply chain, merchandiser feedback and category data, into actionable visibility into the store and onto the shelf for their suppliers.
RSi, the largest and fastest-growing company in the Retail Execution Management field, has more experience with processing customer-specific retailer data than any other company. Retailers and consumer product goods (CPG) companies trust Retail Solutions to grow sales, reduce out-of-stocks, improve promotion execution and effectiveness, maximize retail operation productivity and foster collaborative relationships in the retail industry to improve product availability for the end-consumer.
RSi serves more than 500 CPG Companies, including 23 of the top 25 global consumer goods companies, and processes data from more than 175 leading retailers in the Americas and Europe.
Retail Solutions, Inc. is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and has offices in Providence, RI, Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Brentford, UK, Paris, France, Munich Germany and Shanghai, China.
Mountain View, CA
Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:35:07 PDT