Penetration Testers / Ethical Hackers / Security Consultants
We're currently looking for individuals with experience and strong interest in multiple areas of information security, application and / or network penetration testing, and reverse engineering. Ideal candidates will have a strong working knowledge in at least two of the following areas:
- Web application security vulnerabilities (e.g. OWASP top 10)
- Network penetration testing techniques, security testing tools
- Mobile device, IoT and application reversing techniques
- Social Engineering tactics and techniques
Direct experience in information security, penetration testing & attack simulation is highly desired. Former consulting experience is desired, but not required.
Other commensurate experience will be considered on a case by case basis, please don't hesitate to apply if you've done some really cool research, we'd love to hear about it.
Positions currently available include:
- Penetration Testers / Ethical Hackers / Security Consultants - Typical responsibilities include performing network or application penetration testing, security code reviews and application architecture assessments. Candidates should have a strong passion for conducting security research, have a strong working knowledge of common Internet protocols, highly versed with popular technology stacks, reverse engineer and understand threats associated with both web and native applications (Windows, Linux, and iOS/Android mobile apps). Candidates should be able to hypothesize threats against these systems and devise working exploits to demonstrate proof of concept vulnerabilities. In this role you will work with clients to identify security vulnerabilities or weaknesses in network and system services, applications and provide a road-map for bringing systems in-line with current industry best practices.
Virtual Security Research (VSR) is a leading Boston-based information security consultancy providing services specializing in attack simulation and technical security assessments.
Our typical security assignments include: application penetration testing (web, mobile, commercial off-the-shelf software, products & appliances), network penetration assessments, red team exercises, and social engineering. Expertise in all areas is not necessary, however, familiarity with multiple areas is preferred. A strong desire to learn and the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, however, is a job requirement.
Sat, 2 Sep 2017 12:33:50 PDT