Disaster Program Manager
Disaster Program Manager Job Description:
At the Red Cross, there is no such thing as a small disaster. In every single case it is the Red Cross' mission to help people, affected by disaster, meet their emergency needs that include shelter, food, clothing, and health and mental health services. As a paid staff member, you will support our loyal Red Cross disaster volunteers who serve selflessly to provide a bridge of assistance until individuals and families can resume a normal life.
The Red Cross of Tennessee has an wonderful opportunity available for a Disaster Program Manager in Clarksville. This position is a full-time position, involving regional travel and working outside of normal business hours, as needed.
Disaster Program Manager Job Summary:
The Disaster Program Manager (DPM) is responsible for the management of disaster programs and services within the many counties that surround Clarksville. This will include local disaster preparedness, response and recovery management. The DPM leads a primarily volunteer based team, and is responsible for ensuring there is proper development of disaster leadership volunteers in each of the disaster cycle program areas throughout the islands. This is a fantastic opportunity to manage a strong team that makes an incredible impact within their communities on a daily basis.
Disaster Program Manager Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience in disaster services and/or social services program delivery, providing leadership to a department, program or service
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating staff and volunteer activities
- Ability to interpret program trends, results, and related data to formulate recommendations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong skills in planning and problem-solving
- Relates well and effectively with diverse groups and individuals
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop project plans & budgets, as well as strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of disaster programs or services
- Ability to create presentations and develop training modules
- Analytical and decision-making skills to develop creative processes for continuous program or service improvements
- Analytical and decision-making skills necessary to develop creative processes for continuous program or service improvements.
- Must have a proven track record of collaboration, public speaking and facilitation, problem solving, marketing, leadership, and partnership management, and at least and intermediate-level of proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Prior supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
Travel: This position will involve field work and travel. Qualified candidates must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
Fri, 8 Sep 2017 12:58:37 PDT