Under the direction of the Regional Field Services Manager, but working largely independently without direct supervision, at a customer location within a Correctional environment handling all inbound service requests for inmate phone repair, maintenance, assess, troubleshoot, and repair CPE equipment; and making sure all internal processes, procedures, and contractual repair timelines are followed.
Equipment types to be serviced and maintained are as followings but not limited to:
Call Processing Platform, Wireless type applications, wireless tablets, audio/video, kiosk and any other Product deployed by GTL.
May be required to collect and provide deposit services for various kiosk types.
Site Administrator / Technician
- Partner with the facility's designated point of contact to ensure problems regarding various inmate services systems are addressed in a timely manner and that positive client relationship are developed and maintained
- Manage all inmate telephone and system service requests assigned by technical support or the Field Service Department within the timeframes required of the contract
- Work with the Technical Services Department to troubleshoot hardware and software issues and provide on-site technical assistance
- Analyze phone equipment to determine if repairs are needed; perform technical repairs on inoperable equipment in a timely manner and in accordance with the customer contract's escalation procedures
- Monitor inmate complaints about the phone system; research and respond the same day as received so inmate phone privileges are appropriately maintained
- Respond to end-user calls; redirect them to GTL's Customer Service Department
- Escalate difficult issues to the Field Service Manager for timely resolution
- Provide afterhours coverage as needed for high priority repairs and be on call 24/7
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in telecommunication system connectivity and technology is required. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel and Outlook is mandatory
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills in English, with impeccable attention to detail; ability to read, analyze, and implement general business policies and guidelines is required
- Qualified candidates will have a valid driver's license for the state of residence and a reliable personal automobile available for business use with evidence of current automobile insurance coverage and liability limits
Must have ability and comfort to work in an inmate environment and pass all security, Credit and background checks imposed by the inmate facility
- Demonstrated success working both as a team member and independently
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks at the same time
- Accurate and strong record keeping ability and able to efficiently manage inventory necessary to perform repairs.
Staffing Research Associates is a local Boutique Retained Executive Search and Research Firm.
Fri, 8 Sep 2017 05:34:44 PDT