Design Engineer II
As a Design Engineer II at TGP you will be primarily responsible for executing production projects throughout the design and manufacturing lifecycle. Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, you may also be responsible for development projects from concept through to prototype construction, product testing and engineering implementation. Through extensive use of AutoCAD, and Inventor software you will create 2D/3D models of new architectural products, create assembly and part drawings, bills of materials and exploded view illustrations. The position will be part of a high performing and collaborative engineering team. You will work closely with other internal departments to ensure the same superior quality is captured.
In depth knowledge of AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor and extensive use of Excel and other calculation tools are required. Soft Tech V6 Configurator experience or similar is a bonus. Extensive prior experience in architectural and/or manufacturing environments will be crucial to your success. This position is on-site and may require out of state travel several times per year.
- Design and deliver revenue project engineering documentation to the highest standards and in line with TGP processes. This must be delivered in a timely manner within the engineering cycle lead times.
- Manage, plan, develop, coordinate, and direct a large and important product development project and/or a number of small projects with many complex features.
- Plan, create and provide engineering support for new or enhanced TGP products. This may include engineering support to Research & Development.
- Provide exceptional internal and external customer service. Gather product usability and production feedback to promote consistent improvement.
- As an individual worker, carries out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures. Work is expected to result in the development of new or improved processes, products, and/or methods.
- Study and analyze all existing and potential TGP product content. This should include engineering drawings, product samples and industry specifications.
- As a team contributor, aid in the creation, development, and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures for the Engineering department including but not limited to; engineering best practices, standardizing work flow, project and product specific methodologies, documentation and revision control.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent from four year college or technical school plus 8 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional certifications and credentials desired include Architectural Hardware Consultants (AHC), Certified Door Consultant (CDC) and/or Architectural Opening Consultants (AOC). Complex curtain wall design experience is a bonus.
Minimum six years of related industry and technical experience in an engineering and manufacturing environment is preferred. Complex curtain wall or similar system design experience is preferred.
- A driven self-starter dedicated to high quality and process improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to quickly grasp, and teach complex technical concepts and filter key information.
- Ability to quickly read, learn, analyze and interpret documents and specifications.
- Ability to build team relationships and actively extract key information from multiple resources.
- Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to prioritize workload and simplify large scopes of work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an attention to detail.
Since 1980, Technical Glass Products (TGP) has been supplying specialized glazing materials and systems for commercial and institutional buildings. Its motto, one source, many solutions, reflects a commitment to providing products and services to help solve challenges faced by architects, general contractors and glaziers. The company has two business lines: 1) fire-rated glass and framing, and 2) specialty architectural glazing. TGP has exclusive agency relationships with Nippon Electric Glass (NEG), Pilkington, and RP Technik to distribute certain glass and framing product lines in North America and the Middle East. The company has offices in Seattle, USA; Toronto, Canada; and Dubai, UAE.
Fri, 8 Sep 2017 14:50:27 PDT