Senior Commercial Property Multi-line (P&C) Underwriter
Senior Commercial Property Multiline (P&C) Underwriter
CIBA Insurance Services
National insurance wholesale broker/MGA seeking experienced Senior Commercial Property multi-line (P&C) underwriter with surplus lines experience.
• Competitive Salary
• Great Benefits Package (details below)
• Underwriting Production incentive available in addition to salary.
The Senior Commercial Property Multi-line (P&C) Underwriter is primarily responsible for risk selection, analysis, documentation, pricing, and sales of commercial property and liability new business. Candidate will also be responsible for renewal retention and ongoing management of existing portfolio.
Candidates for this position must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to perform multiple tasks while adapting to change. Minimum qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• Minimum commercial lines underwriting experience of 7+ years
• Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required with equivalent combination of education, training and/or related experience
• CPCU, AU or CIC, continuing insurance education desired
• Demonstrated knowledge of commercial lines underwriting, including technical principles of rating and pricing commercial lines business based upon individual risk criteria to promote underwriting profitability
• Negotiation and sales skills with ability to deliver a challenging message
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external business relationships
• Proficient computer skills including Excel and database rating.
Location: Glendale, CA
Relocation Assistance: No
Job Classification: Full-Time (Exempt)
Start Date: A.S.A.P
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401(k) - The company matches contributions up to 4%. The employee is vested upon enrollment and participation).
• Life Insurance Policy for each employee (Company paid)
• Company Tuition Reimbursement for Seminars and Continuing Education (per company policy)
• Holiday Pay
• PTO Plan (Paid Time Off)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and make employment decisions on the basis of merit. CIBA Insurance Services wants to have the most qualified individuals in every job. CIBA's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, Veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws or any other protected status. This policy also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of the above characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of the above characteristics. All such discrimination is prohibited.
CIBA Insurance Services is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the CIBA Insurance Services and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of CIBA Insurance Services, including supervisors and co-workers.
Candidate must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation. The background checks completed are based on the nature of the position, and may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or driving record. By applying for a position with CIBA, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
For more information about CIBA Insurance Services or Its Subsidiaries, please visit our website at http://www.cibaservices.com/.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. **No Phone Calls Please.
Fri, 8 Sep 2017 18:08:34 PDT