Associate Vice President - Academic Affairs, AF1EASCVPAA
Reporting to the Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA), the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs (AVPAA) provides leadership in support of the academic mission of the College. Provides vision and direction for academic programs and instructional delivery in the following areas: Faculty Development and Advancement, Student Development and Advancement, Program and Discipline Assessment, Curriculum Development, Partnership and Articulation Agreements, Learning Commons and Testing Center, Academic Integrity, and Management of Perkins Grant activities.
Position Title: Associate Vice President - Academic Affairs, AF1EASCVPAA
Duties of Position:
- Ensure compliance with program review processes mandated by ICCB, HLC and other relevant accreditation bodies.
- Provide leadership to ensure the assessment of student learning outcomes at both general education and program level.
- Oversee and provide support to the academic divisions for the development and revision of curriculum and programs.
- Oversee and provide support to Learning Commons and Testing Center.
- Provide direction for the articulation of courses and programs to other colleges and universities, including the development of Career Pathways and Programs of Study.
- Provide guidance and support implementation for academic integrity policies and procedures.
- Manage budgets for the Vice President and monitor budget in all Academic Affairs divisions to ensure compliance with fiscal policies.
- Oversee and provide support of the Honors Coordinator, Forensics Coordinator, Model UN Coordinator, and programs.
- Oversight of development and management of Perkins Grant funding and the Perkins Coordinator.
- Liaison with Committee on Committees, and maintain record of committee development and assignments for faculty and staff.
- Facilitate faculty development and advancement in teaching, advising, curriculum development and institutional engagement and collaborate on New Faculty Institute.
- Articulate and interpret administrative decisions, collective bargaining agreements and College policies.
- Act on behalf of the Vice President for Academic Affairs as requested.
- Manage regular communication about Academic Affairs activities, initiatives and accomplishments to various college constituent groups.
- Serve on college wide committees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Experience and Education:
Experience in academic administration and post-secondary teaching experience.
Master's Degree in Education, Higher Education Administration or a discipline taught at the College of DuPage.
Demonstrated experience with student outcomes assessment, program and curriculum development, faculty development and instructional design.
Earned doctorate in any of the above.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Standard office equipment and software.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: AVP Academic Affairs - APA
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt