Assistant Professor of Nursing
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Teach 12 credit hours/semester (classroom and/or clinical) or equivalent as assigned by department chair/director or dean.
- Advise students as assigned.
- Participate, in accordance with departmental and college, in the ongoing design and continuous implementation of assessment of student learning outcomes and academic program improvement activities in the areas of General Education and the academic major, attend the AIC assessment workshops.
- Engage in scholarly activities appropriate to one's discipline, teaching responsibilities and other academic responsibilities
- Engage in service to the School and College via committee membership and student recruitment.
- Attends required convocations, meetings, commencement, academic awards ceremonies, and workshops and be available to participate in activities that promote the College in a positive manner both on and off campus.
- Assists with Student Success and Admissions functions as they relate to departmental programs.
- Hold at least four office hours weekly, scheduled to meet needs of students, and be available to meet with students as needed at other times.
- Engage and interact with students in positive ways, such as by guiding student research projects, by serving as the advisor to student clubs and organizations, or by mentoring students in other scholarly activities
- Participate in professional development activities related to one's faculty role.
- Conduct clinical site visits as assigned by chair/director.
- Attend scheduled general faculty, school faculty, and departmental faculty meetings; attend Town meetings and Faculty Assembly meetings
- Other duties as assigned by chair/director or dean.
- Required Degree(s): Master's degree in nursing
- Preferred Degree(s): Doctorate preferred in nursing or related field
- Required Field of Expertise: 1- 2 years of teaching experience in a BSN program
- Required Training/Cert: 3-5 years professional nursing practice experience in area(s) of teaching responsibilities
- Required Licensure(s): Licensed or eligible to be licensed as a registered nurse in State of Massachusetts
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, and the instructional use of technology to teach traditional, hybrid or on-line courses, as needed.
- Strong commitment to high-quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and enthusiasm for working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students, faculty, and staff
- Enthusiastic, committed teacher-scholar with demonstrated excellence in teaching and scholarship.
This is a full time, exempt, benefit eligible position. Work hours determined based on the needs of the department.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.