Analyst, Institutional Effectiveness
General Statement of Job
To support collegewide institutional effectiveness and accountability efforts by conducting institutional research and analyzing that data to provide information for collegewide decisions and assigned reporting requirements.
Location Highland Business Center Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm Salary Professional 2/121 ($42,070.00 - $60,101.00) FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Vice President, Effectiveness and Accountability Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Statistical analysis methods and software.
- Survey design, methods, and analysis.
- Application/report development.
- Database development.
- Data mining techniques and tools for data analysis.
- Client-server technology and GUI environments.
- Compliance requirements in relation to college reporting.
- Quality initiatives and measurements.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Conducting statistical analysis.
- Querying and extracting data from large databases.
- Producing data reports from complex data sets.
- Developing surveys and analyzing survey data.
- Using a variety of software to produce reports.
- Coordinating external reports to state agencies.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Use query and control languages, web technology, network servers, data extraction, and reporting.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- More than two years related work experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Master's degree.
- Depending on area of specialization, may include knowledge of programs used in educational institutions and/or data warehousing and data mining.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.