General Statement of Job
To provide academic advising and related support to new students through the admission and initial career pathway process at Austin Community College (ACC) striving to remove obstacles in their career path.
Location Multiple Locations Hours 40 hours/week as assigned; Generally Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, with some possible evenings/weekends. Salary Specialist 6/118 ($31,394.00 - $44,848.00) FLSA Status Exempt Reports To Supervisor, Enrollment Advising Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Best practices for higher education recruitment and enrollment strategies.
- College admissions, procedures, programs, careers, and courses.
- Student database systems.
- Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Recruit or other contact management systems.
- Multicultural education programs and systems.
- Understanding testing techniques and test results.
- Principles of research, public relations, publicity, and especially marketing to new students.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, which may include evenings and weekends.
- Establishing rapport and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including the use of tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Making individual and group presentations.
- Interacting with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Able to establsh rapport and engage students/prospective students and working with them in overcoming enrollment obstacles.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) recruiting systems or other contact management systems.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for local Austin area travel.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.