Senior Administrative Assistant
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Graduate School of Education and Human Development's (GSEHD) Office of the Dean has a strong tradition of supporting the school's mission by providing efficient, accurate and timely assistance to students, faculty, staff and all other visitors.
The Dean's Office is currently searching for a robust full time Senior Administrative Assistant. This key position serves as the welcoming face of the Office of the Dean, greeting faculty, students, alumni, guests and prospective students to the Office. This role provides administrative support to the office, in particular the Dean and Associate Deans, by scheduling/coordinating meetings, calendar management, making travel arrangements, filing, expense reporting, minute taking, ordering office materials and supplies, managing conference room scheduling and coordinating and supporting committee meetings. This position reports to the GSEHD Chief of Staff.
• Welcomes faculty, students, alumni, guests and prospective students to the Office of the Dean. Assists in keeping the Dean on track during his daily schedule by greeting visitors, escorting to conference rooms, announcing visitors, etc. Also directs visitors to appropriate offices for assistance as needed.
• Provides administrative support to the office, in particular to the Dean and Associate Deans, by scheduling/coordinating meetings, calendar management, making travel arrangements, filing, expense reporting, minute taking, ordering office materials and supplies, and managing conference room space/scheduling.
• Supports various school committees as assigned by scheduling and coordinating meetings, taking appropriate minutes, and disseminating materials as necessary.
• Responsible for miscellaneous tasks such as ordering and setting up for lunch and breakfast meetings, and keeping the Dean's office stocked with appropriate supplies for such meetings. Acts as a backup for entering facilities and IT tickets as necessary.
• Performs other duties and support for the Deans and Chief of Staff as assigned. (The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.)
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
Excellent customer services skills.
Willingness to tackle tasks with enthusiasm, no matter how big or small.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Advanced organizational skills.
2 or more years working in a related administrative function in an office environment.
Higher education coursework or arts-related nonprofit experience preferred.
Software skills: MS Office, Concur/iBuy (GW Systems)
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Graduate School of Education & Human Development (GSEHD) Family Administration Sub-Family Administrative / Operations Stream Service and Support Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday- Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006654 Job Open Date: 09/08/2017 Job Close Date: 09/22/2017 If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have administrative support experience in a University setting?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have work experience that involves supporting a senior executive's travel, calendar, meeting requests, and other daily administrative matters?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter