Coordinator, Admissions and Recruiting - College of Business Online Programs
COORDINATOR, ADMISSIONS AND RECRUITING
College of Business Online Programs
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
On the admissions team working with affiliated staff across the online programs to establish cohorts for our iMBA and iMSA programs through the admission process and assist with all outreach efforts as assigned under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Admissions and Recruiting. In conjunction with the leadership of the online programs, consult and support the program directors in cultivating, admitting and serving high quality graduate students.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Assistant Director to coordinate efforts across the unit, work with the programs and help hold the team accountable for the established metrics
- Counsel and provide information and advice about online programs generally, and about its admissions procedures specifically, to domestic and international prospective students, applicants, in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.
- Read and evaluate admissions applications; apply discretion and independent judgment in evaluating and comparing applications and gathering information in preparation for admission consideration; and provide input to the admissions team for admissions decisions.
- Reach out and encourage prospective students to explore and eventually apply to the online programs through engaging in correspondence, email and/or telephone contact
- Meet the program needs in terms of number of students needed to meet cohort needs while maintaining the high program standards
- Conduct/ assist with recruiting events including information sessions and other targeted activities.
- Perform informational and assessment interviews of potential candidates
- Assist with operational functions including, but not limited to transcript verification, course articulation, processing and notification of admissions decisions
- Help maintain databases and other tools for meeting the team goals
- Establish a high quality experience for interested candidates in the College of Business
- Work some evening and weekend hours
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: Master's degree in business
Required: At least two years of professional experience. Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, and proven success in managing across multiple stakeholders. Must demonstrate a service oriented attitude and for working with faculty and students. Working knowledge of computer related databases and office related software. Experience working with a diverse population.
Preferred: Minimum one year of relevant experience.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by September 26, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Coordinator, Admissions and Recruiting - College of Business Online Programs (A1700554)
Open Date: 09/08/2017
Organization Name: iMBA