School of Social Work: Clinical Assistant Professor (F1700087)
Clinical Assistant Professor for Field Education
School of Social Work
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Search Extended and Revised September 8, 2017
The School of Social Work seeks applications for the position of Clinical Assistant Professor for Field Education. This is a 12 month, non-tenure-track faculty position with academic and administrative responsibilities located on campus.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting in planning and implementation of the School's field education program
- Participating in the field education planning process
- Participating in selecting, monitoring and evaluating field placement sites
- Evaluating student learning experiences, progress and outcomes
- Assisting in the overall training and orientation of field instructors
- Providing consultation and mediation, as necessary, to field instructors and agencies
- Teaching online field seminar courses and related courses
- Membership and participation in School committees
- Collaborate with the Council on Teacher Education (CoTE) and attend meetings, as necessary
- Advising students
- Other duties as assigned that support the mission of the School
- This position requires travel, mostly in Illinois.
Candidates must possess a Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work, have completed at least 3 years post-MSW practice experience, and must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or eligible to sit for the exam. Candidates must also possess an Illinois State Board of Education Professional Educator License with an endorsement in School Social Work (formerly known as the Type 73 Certificate). Preference will be given to candidates with diverse practice experience in child welfare, mental health and school social work. Prior experience as a field instructor, in social work education, or on a university campus is highly desirable. The successful candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is available as soon as possible after the close date.
Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, a resume and list of three references with their addresses and telephone numbers by October 1, 2017. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact email@example.com. You may also visit http://www.socialwork.illinois.edu for information about the School.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: School of Social Work
Category: Faculty and Other Academic
Title: School of Social Work: Clinical Assistant Professor (F1700087)
Open Date: 08/14/2017
Close Date: 10/01/2017
Organization Name: School of Social Work