RESEARCH SPECIALIST A
Duties: The Gene Therapy Program (GTP) is entering a new era of unprecedented opportunity with the great potential to reshape the face of medicine as we know it. Our discoveries have set the stage for successful treatments and possibly even cures for devastating genetic diseases. Our R&D organization has a translational infrastructure that includes: technology discovery, specialized Immunology assays operating under GLP, a Vector Core/Manufacturing unit that conducts GMP comparable work, and a large nonclinical program for animal testing under GLP including large NHP and rodent vivaria.
We are currently looking Research Specialist A, to support high throughput testing efforts in our Immunology Core.
As a Research Specialist A, you perform immunoassays, under GLP conditions, on patient samples to determine if they would have any adverse immune response to the therapeutic. You will be required to document all of your work on batch records. You will complete assignments independently but also work in a well-defined team.
Techniques used in studies include but not limited to mammalian cell culture, aseptic technique, ELISA, lymphocyte isolation, and flow cytometry.
Joining GTP offers scientific professionals the unique opportunity of seeing research go from bench to bedside and discoveries that could one day lead to cures.
Qualifications: * B.A./B.S. in Immunology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or in adjacent field with strong scientific background and 0-1 years of post-degree bench laboratory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
* Must have experience with Cell Culture, Aseptic Technique, ELISA
* Experience with Immunology, animal models, virus work, lymphocyte isolation, flow cytometry, elispot preferred but not required (will be trained)
* Must be able to work in fast paced environment and manage own time effectively
* Must have the ability to follow existing protocols and document work
* Have superior organizational skills and high attention to detail
* Outstanding interpersonal interaction skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, problem recognition and solving, and organizational skills required
Reference Number: 40-26790
Salary Grade: 024
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: DM-Gene Therapy Program
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research