Assoc General Counsel
- Coordinate regulatory filings with various state agencies.
- Assist with federal regulatory oversight matters
- Assist with litigation and administrative proceedings to which company is a party.
- Assist with general corporate matters
- Provide legal analysis and advice to administrators on policy matters, especially regulatory compliance issues.
- Investigate legal issues and recommend action to administrators.
- Research state and federal legal questions; Provides legal and compliance training to in-house clients.
- Oversee publication production, including tables, graphs, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
- Review Strayer University programs, procedures and policies for legal compliance
- Bachelor's degree and JD from an ABA accredited law school.
- At least five years of experience in the practice of law.
- Prior experience in higher education strongly preferred.
Strong computer/word processing skills, including knowledge of standard Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work independently, take initiative, and apply independent judgment in a dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, solve problems, and make sound decisions; strategic thinker.
- Experience with how to deliver feedback to others in a constructive manner that drives results.
- Ability to adapt to and embrace continuous change.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communications skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Ability and willingness to apply independent judgment in a dynamic environment.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Bar admission in any state.
- Must be eligible for Virginia Corporate Counsel License, and successfully apply for such license during employment
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of time
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation may be required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.