The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving Strayer's application portfolio. The role will have exposure to a diverse set of AWS technologies (lambda, API Gateway, S3, Cognito), programming languages (C#, PHP, node.js), and operating systems (Windows, Linux). We need someone who can adapt quickly, learn new technologies, and add value to our fast-paced business by working collaboratively within our software development and operations teams.
- Deploy, automate, maintain and manage an AWS cloud-based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of Strayer's cloud-based applications.
- Automate parts of the development delivery process using scripts and other appropriate tools.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and collaborate with developers, system admins and operations to implement those fixes.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve application issues.
- Work closely with IT Security to ensure applications are designed to meet security requirements.
- Stay current on emerging technologies and best practices
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology preferred)
- 5-7 years' experience in a corporate IT environment
- 2+ years in DevOps or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of AWS technologies and Services
- Solid programming experience (C#, PHP, node.js or Java)
- Experience building, deploying and maintaining Web services
- Experience with version control tools such as Git
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation
- Experience with Splunk a plus
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external teams to build and design solutions
- Typical office setting
- Must be able to travel 5 % of time
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business need warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Travel via plane, car, and metro is required to perform this job
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.