Interaction Design & Research Manager
The primary focus of this position is crafting responses for the virtual agent and applying behavioral science to drive customer engagement with our organization. This position serves as the primary facilitator among the virtual agent, stakeholders and students. The overall goal is to optimize the virtual agent's capabilities to help address customers' inquiries/requests. This role enables our conversational UX strategy by collaborating with analytics, technical, and design teams to iteratively automate answers to customer's questions.
- Facilitate meetings with departmental subject matter experts
- Collect and review subject matter expert feedback of customer inquiries.
- Process input from users, stakeholders, and leadership to create and prioritize user inquiries for the virtual agents.
- Act as an advocate for the tech team by understanding the virtual agent, messaging, and conversational servicing domain.
- Utilize a virtual agent management console to update intent library.
- Partner with stakeholders and technical teams to prioritize inquiry automation based on complexity and impact of inquiries
- Support initiatives with business cases, success metrics, design thinking, and student feedback
- Investigate how the virtual and human agent responses interact together to impact student experiences
- Develop/update procedures related to the collection and processing of customer inquiries to the virtual agent.
- Audit virtual agent responses on a quarterly basis to ensure alignment with University policies, practices and procedures.
- Review voice and text contact logs/transcripts to identify student communication patterns in requests/inquiries
- Shadow/Observe how customers and employees interact across departments to inform automated support efforts.
- From an accredited institution; Bachelor's degree required
- 3 to 5 years experience at a higher educational institution.
- 3 to 5 years in a policy driven role.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills needed for presentations and reporting
- Experience in writing copy that sounds like a human, and not from a company
- MS Office Suite with emphasis on excel
- GotoMeeting/Training Software
- Ability to use Eloqua
- Support with business cases, success metrics, design thinking, customer feedback, and competitive analysis
- Ability to collaborate with remote and cross functional groups
- Results-oriented; ability to move fast while ensuring quality
- Curiosity and willingness for learning new skills related to behavioral science and technology initiatives.
- Using imagination to redefine how we service our customers in the easiest way possible
- 30% travel required.
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.