College Relations and Communications - ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - ACADEMICS & ENRICHMENT STRATEGY
Vacancy ID S2122 Job Title ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - ACADEMICS & ENRICHMENT STRATEGY Department College Relations and Communications School/Parent Organization College Relations and Advancement Parent Org Division College Relations and Advancement Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 07/24/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
The Assistant Director assists the Director to provide strategic communication consultation, design and implement marketing strategies in line with the College's established goals, and work on specific school-based or department-based projects and deliverables that contribute to the overall positioning of Ithaca College.
• Develop and execute annual marketing communication plans in collaboration with the Director, for assigned school(s) or department(s) that include measurable goals to increase visibility with specific audiences, a timeline, a budget, and a mechanism for evaluation.
• Assist the Director in creating and supporting partnership agreements for schools, units, and other campus partners.
• In partnership with the Director, provide communications and public relations consultation for the dean, director or school/department leadership in the assigned school(s) or department(s) for all if its audiences.
• In partnership with the Office of College Relations and Communications leadership, advise on use of paid advertising, social media strategy, and use of other platforms. Advise and offer strategic consultation/direction for major events, conferences, and projects.
• Manage strategic marketing projects for campus partners. Work with colleagues in the Office of College Relations and Communications to leverage appropriate research, inform and execute deliverables, and draft and review content as necessary.
• Ensure admission, retention, and alumni and donor relation strategic goals are woven into the strategy and messaging for the individual marketing projects you are responsible for.
• Work in collaboration with the schools, departments, and the Office of College Relations and Communications team to produce resources, create templates, and provide training to help campus partners promote events and execute individual marketing projects.
• Produce and coordinate the development and curation of assigned school and department websites to ensure content accuracy, consistency, and interface presentation
• Recommend and conduct market research to test effectiveness of communications as needed; use results to evaluate current programs and formulate future plans. Ensure campus partners are aware of the effectiveness of their marketing projects.
• Serve as a lead generator for the Strategic Communications Team, sharing news and opportunities discovered through work with schools and departments and ensure consistent and appropriate messaging, publicity, and communication related to assigned schools and departments.
• Partner with others within the Office of College Relations to bridge strategies and utilize functional expertise to maximize the impact of marketing and communication efforts. Partner with colleagues to increase engagement, generate leads, share news and research, and execute strategies and deliverables.
• Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
• In support of marketing plans, create informative, persuasive, and inspiring content and serve as a project manager on high-level projects from conception to completion.
• Capability to effectively articulate, present, and explain recommendations
• Collaborative team-player
• Knowledge of digital marketing, user experience, email marketing, branding, social media, and event management and promotion.
• Ability to plan and manage projects
• An eye for what makes a good story
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or related field
• Minimum of 3 year's direct work experience
• Experience working with partners, assessing needs, and providing solutions
• Excellent written communications skills, and knowledge of electronic composition, social media, web content management, and ability to copy edit and proofread.
• Results oriented with ability to review, assess and continually improve processes, establish priorities, and meet critical deadlines.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $48,500 - 53,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).