Teaching and Learning with Technology - ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF LEARNING TECHNOLOGY
Vacancy ID S2174 Job Title ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF LEARNING TECHNOLOGY Department Teaching and Learning with Technology School/Parent Organization Digital Instruction and Information Services Parent Org Division Finance and Administration Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 10/02/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52 Normal Start Time 8:30 Normal End Time 5:00 Position/Job Summary
The Associate Director provides operational leadership to ensure services are provided to faculty in a positive, collegial, and exemplary manner. The role includes remaining current with emergent learning technologies in relation to advancing the teaching and learning mission of the College through instructional design. The Associate Director also collaborates on strategic and fiscal planning in relation to teaching and learning with technology at the College.
1. Work in collaboration with the Director of Teaching and Learning with Technology, department directors, and the Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer, to develop strategies, implement policies, conduct needs assessments, and plan for development of information technology resources supporting teaching and learning with technology.
2. Oversee and ensure appropriate support and development opportunities for faculty in the operation of instructional tools, instructional materials, and instructional design.
3. Assist in preparing and maintaining documents and budgets related to teaching and learning with technology; managing and negotiating contracts for TLT associated applications and systems.
4. Manage vendor relations including negotiating and managing contracts associated with applications and systems used for teaching and learning with technology; ensuring applications are accessible.
5. Evaluate new and emerging learning technologies in relation to their potential for advancing teaching and learning.
6. Lead major Teaching and Learning with Technology initiatives and projects in collaboration with others.
7. Develop and maintain use and service metrics to foster a culture of accountability and continual service improvement.
8. Direct various personnel actions to include, but not limited to, hiring, merit recommendations, promotions, transfers, vacation schedules and dismissals. Supervise the training of new employees. Monitor the performance of all staff members to ensure accuracy, completeness, productivity, and compliance with established guidelines.
9. Participates in relevant College governance, policy, and planning committees and meetings.
Bachelor's degree in education and a minimum of 5 years previous service experience leading the operations of a complex, higher education learning technology area with a focus on continuous client service improvement; proven ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively with faculty, students, and staff; experience managing and developing professional staff; excellent communication skills, both written and oral; knowledge of learning and learning technology and application of pedagogies like authentic learning; and a strong commitment to customer service are required. Experience providing instructional design and faculty development in a college or university setting is required.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description
The Information technology organization at Ithaca College provides a full-breadth of IT-related services to the campus. The department of 65 full time professionals and 95 student employees is a fast-paced environment, working on numerous priorities to ensure support for the campus technology needs.
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $75,000 to $81,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).