Communication Studies Full-time Faculty #F02411
Communications Studies Full-Time Faculty
$58,844 - $81,821
This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
Assignment begins January 2018.
Online applications must be received by Friday, September 29, 2017
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, has a need for a Full Time Communication Studies faculty member (F02411) in the ELAP, Linguistics and Communication Studies Department beginning January 2018. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner. The successful candidate will be committed to teaching in a multi-cultural, two-year environment, and welcome the opportunity to work with students with diverse learning abilities. Montgomery College provides an excellent opportunity to teach in a large, urban community college setting.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach Introduction to Human Communication, Public Speaking, Business and Professional Communication, and other communication courses.
- Teach 30 semester hours of courses per academic year related to Communication Studies.
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, early morning, weekend and/or accelerated sections, online, or on another campus if needed. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer classes.
- Teach one or more sections of the Introduction to Human Communication course in area high schools as part of the dual-enrollment program.
- Serve on or lead department, discipline, campus, or college-wide committees; participate in course and program development; and mentor part-time faculty.
- Engage students in their learning through active collaborative learning approaches.
- Incorporate the use of educational enterprise platform such as Blackboard and other relevant technology into instruction, including inexpensive or no-cost resources in the development and delivery of instruction.
- Meet with students outside of class to assist them with being successful college students.
- Apply culturally relevant pedagogies to the teaching and learning process.
- Advise students about program curriculum, transfer opportunities, and careers in Communication Studies.
- Maintain an active program of professional development and participate in professional organizations and activities.
- Master's degree or higher in Human Communication or Communication Studies with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the discipline
- Experience teaching Introduction to Human Communication, Public Speaking, or Business and Professional Communication and other communication-related courses
- Ability to integrate technology and classroom-related computer software and portals, including Blackboard, for course delivery
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Ph.D. in Human Communication or Communication Studies
- Experience teaching Communication Studies in a post-secondary setting.
- Experience teaching distance learning and/or hybrid courses
- Experience leading academic initiatives.
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by Friday, September 29, 2017 . To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions
- Submit a cover letter and un-official transcripts with you application
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions will automatically result in elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire :
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of the degree required for the position
- Submission of three letters of professional reference.
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.