Retail Dining Associate
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 09-08-2017
The Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality is one of 12 departments within the Division of Student Affairs. It provides the campus community and guests with high-quality, efficient, and innovative event services and dining options in a variety of settings dedicated to accentuating and enhancing the campus experience in a diverse community.
This position is an integral part of our dining operations staff. Led by experienced culinary professionals, we offer staff the opportunity to work in newly-renovated facilities and are committed to using quality ingredients and processes. This position plays an integral role in accomplishing this goal by assisting the restaurant manager and assistant manager with all aspects of food production and service in our retail venues. Persons in this position have a hand in food production, sanitation, customer service, and cash handling. This position will work in any one of our retail venues including the Airport Lounge, Business Bistro, Burger King, Einstein Bros. ® Bagels, Starbucks, McAlister's Deli, Pizza Hut and University High School Store.
Whether it's to find a place to study, gather with friends, enjoy a bite to eat, or plan a large event, the Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality takes great pride in providing welcoming and inclusive spaces, high-quality food services, and experienced and professional staff who care about making every experience individualized and extraordinary. It is our philosophy to recruit, inspire, and retain talented team members and promote wellness and foster their development. It is our goal to promote a more fully diverse and inclusive campus community.
1. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
2. A final candidate must complete a post-offer pre-employment physical exam. Employment is contingent on the successful result of the pre-employment physical.
1. One year of experience in food service.
2. Knowledge of use and operation of cleaning materials, methods and equipment.
3. Ability to read and write.
4. Ability to perform other related duties as assigned.
5. Ability to follow oral and written instructions and work independently.
6. Ability to apply common sense to carry out detailed instructions.
7. Good communication skills.
8. Good customer service skills.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.