Office Support Assistant
Requisition # 2017-7854
Department Facilities Operations
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 2 weeks ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
A key role in the Facilities Operations Department, the Office Support Assistant provides “front desk” support for a large and busy department. The Office Support Assistant shares in the responsibility of the maintenance of the central office function during business hours, provide service and support to the organization in the order of various supplies, schedule training and meetings, and assist with the employee uniform program. Additionally, perform payment processing and records retention for a variety of State and local registration, inspection, and permits and deliver administrative support, on an as-needed basis, to office management and departmental leadership
The typical work schedule for this position is from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., within a Monday through Friday work week.
- Serve as main point of contact for visitors, answering inquiries from the department's general telephone and voicemail, and redirecting as necessary
- Order department supplies and serve as main point of contact for service vendors including OIT
- Monitor and maintain Facilities Operations message and bulletin boards
- Work closely with staff in the Facilities Finance & Administrative Services, processes payments for state elevator inspections; housing unit registrations with the Department of Community Affairs; municipal fees for certain permits, including mechanic, building, electrical, fire safety, and tents; payments to communications companies for certain phone lines; and other miscellaneous payments including temporary employment agencies.
- Maintain records of all such payments, applications, and registrations, utilize both electronic and hard-copy files and maintain departmental regulatory records.
- Assist departmental personnel with travel arrangements and reimbursements
- As needed, provides administrative support to the following positions: Director of Grounds and Building Maintenance, Business Manager, and Manager of Administrative Services. On occasion, provide support to other departmental managers and directors and serves as a department office support backup
- As requested, coordinate meetings to include conference room reservations, meeting supplies, invitations, and food delivery as needed
- Participate on Department and Facilities committees as directed.
- Coordinate the annual uniform ordering process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the Department Office Support III must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum of three years of full-time administrative support experience.
- Detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to perform effectively in an open office environment with considerable visitor and staff traffic, telephone conversations, and occasional radio communication.
- Previous experience in a service-related environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations with internal customers: staff, shop supervisors, and trades workers, as well as office staff from other departments.
- Strong computer skills to include solid proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook). Must have the ability to learn other software as needed. Report writing experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.