Casual Hourly - Lab Assistant
Requisition # 2017-7811
Department Molecular Biology
Category Research and Laboratory
Date Posted 2 weeks ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Temporary
Application Deadline 12/31/2017
Princeton University's Department of Molecular Biology seeks applicants for a part-time Lab Assistant position to join a laboratory whose focus of work is advancing basic knowledge of photosynthetic organisms to enable increased crop yields. The successful candidate will be responsible for all media and buffer preparations for the lab, as well as cleaning of reusable labware.
Responsible for all media and buffer preparations for the lab, as well as cleaning of reusable labware. Other duties include inventory, maintenance of media stocks and purchasing of lab supplies. The candidate will work closely with lab members and other lab assistants. This position is part-time and requires 8-16 hours of work per week.
In order to apply, please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for 3 references. Applications will be reviewed three weeks from the date of posting.
- At least 1 year of laboratory experience.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Must be able to work without supervision.
- Must be able to manage own time and prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to communicate in English about workload and timelines.
- Must be able to rapidly learn new tasks and concepts.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs and occasionally use a ladder.
- Previous experience with media and buffer preparation and other biology lab techniques.
- Experience with aseptic techniques, ability to follow protocols and execute mathematical calculations involved in solution preparations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to creatively solve problems.
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs.
Be advised that you will only be contacted if there is further interest in your application. The candidate dashboard will not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.