Office Support Assistant, Class Affairs and Reunions
Requisition # 2017-7931
Department Adv-Office of Alumni Affairs
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 2 weeks ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Office of Alumni Affairs works to inform, inspire, involve and connect Princeton's global community of 90,000 undergraduate and graduate alumni around the world in the life of the University for a lifetime of learning, enrichment and service.
The Class Affairs and Reunions Assistant reports to the Senior Associate Director of Class Affairs and Reunions and provides broad-based support to the Class Affairs and Reunions team. The position plays a key role in supporting class events, Princeton University Reunions, alumni programs, and committees that promote ongoing engagement by alumni with the University and with one another.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the Class Affairs and Reunions Team include respond to a high volume of inquiries, track volunteer engagement and metrics, update volunteer resources, monitor program budgets and maintain accurate records.
- Support alumni with their class governance, events, programming, communication and advice volunteer alumni leaders on general Alumni Affairs policies and processes.
- Oversee campus event logistics for 350+ Reunions events and alumni class gatherings throughout the year including handling all on-campus space reservations.
- Assist with the logistics of volunteer and student training meetings for Reunion and oversee student payroll, TIPS alcohol training, and golf cart certification.
- Support the Alumni-Faculty Forums planning process and handle logistics for alumni academic mini-reunions and coordinate event details and logistics for regional volunteer meetings and gatherings.
- Assist with the design and processing of print jobs and mailings for alumni volunteers and the Office of Alumni Affairs. Create, proof, and approve broadcast e-mail marketing campaigns and templates and manage permissions in iModules.
- Track the online presence of alumni classes, monitor Princeton Alumni Weekly and other media for alumni in news and share the information with class officers. Generate social media content for undergraduate student and alumni engagement when appropriate.
- Provide administrative support for Alumni Council's Princetoniana Committee, to include preparation of committee notices, materials, meeting arrangements, minutes and follow-up.
- Staff and assist with all signature events run by the Office of Alumni Affairs including the Pre-rade, Tiger Tailgate, Alumni Day, Reunions, etc and other related Alumni Affairs events as needed.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal/customer service skills with a close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and think outside the box.
- Adept at building strong partnerships within the work environment. A team player who enjoys collaborating and working with diverse individuals.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities simultaneously and adhering to numerous deadlines.
- Exercise discretion in dealing with confidential materials.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required; experience with In Design is preferred) and proficiency with online platforms.
- Aptitude for tracking data and generating reports.
- The qualified candidate should have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant work experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Prior experience in customer service, event planning and alumni relations would be an asset.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.