Electronics Specialist IV
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information of Technology
Electronics Specialist IV
Position #737975 - Requisition 11012
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
The purpose of this full-time, state classified Electronics Specialist IV position is to determine the requirements for each event and schedule technical staff and equipment resources to support all audio-visual support requests. This position will also manage the Classroom and Audio/Video Support help desk operations. Additionally, this position will be required to work in conjunction with other TSS engineering staff to assess faculty, staff and student needs for renovation of instructional, classroom and laboratory equipment and facilities; This position advises management concerning the choice of equipment, its configuration and the installation of video and audio presentation equipment.
This position also works with faculty, staff and students to assess educational presentation needs and develop course plans and training. This position will act as a manager for CU Denver classroom service operations and must have full working knowledge of the integration of all audio, video, computer and videoconferencing equipment.
Examples of Work Performed:
- This position schedules staffing and equipment for use for each AV setup; confirms room schedules and class schedules; evaluates technical aspects and operation of television, video, and multi-media systems.
- This individual will be the primary responder for AV assistance in the classrooms and will assign daily work schedules for technical staff for classroom/conference assistance as required; will assist in the establishment equipment standards in classroom facilities.
- This individual is required to exercise reasonable judgment in determining appropriate audio and AV support required for faculty, staff and students to meet their AV requirements for classes, conferences, and other events on the campus. Employee will either schedule staff support for an event or work with other TSS staff to ensure appropriate staffing needs are met.
- This position will supervise and be responsible for performance planning and evaluation of technology service staff: will oversee daily operation of classroom technology support staff, ensuring appropriate levels of staffing; establish performance benchmarks and processes for monitoring technology systems; set goals and objectives for support staff; prepares and administers coaching sessions, annual performance plans and establishes mechanisms to monitor performance.
- This individual will need to stay abreast of new equipment, new spaces, and new requirements to support the educational mission of our campus.
- This position is responsible for the development and maintenance of a schedule assigned to technical staff to monitor and maintain all of the classrooms, common conference spaces, (both equipment and furnishings) in all of the CU buildings at the Denver campus.
- This duty includes the review of staff reports for the monitoring and maintenance (weekly, monthly and annually) of all of the equipment. This includes regular equipment maintenance of audio and video equipment, replacement of projector bulbs, repair or replacement of damaged equipment or furniture and maintenance of warranty information.
- Repair, certify, calibrate, fabricate, modify & install a variety of equipment such as television monitors, projectors, DVD's, and other classroom support equipment. Schedule the repair and pickup of electronic equipment. Maintain service records of repairs and modifications. Keep accurate documentation of equipment and room configurations. Keep co-workers informed and updated on relevant system configuration changes.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $5,600-$5,800 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
- Five years of technical experience repairing, performing maintenance, installing, modifying, calibrating, certifying, or fabricating equipment and facilities related to audio systems and integrated computer based control systems which include two years at the fully operational or lead work level.
- Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application.
- An associate's degree or successful completion of the equivalent of 60 semester hours of training at an accredited college or university or recognized non-correspondence technical school with 30 semester hours of course work related to the work assignment may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS®) designation
- It is desirable that this individual have specialized training with audio and computerized control Systems in Classroom Technologies, such as training in in Crestron or AMX programming, London BLU Audio/Acoustical technologies, etc.
- Experience with education applications of audio and video teleconferencing, video resources and electronic media.
- Professional experience with both PC and MAC operating systems
- Experience maintaining technologies in multi-purpose classrooms, standard classrooms, lecture halls and common conferencing facilities.
- Experience troubleshooting applications of audio and video teleconferencing.
- Experience troubleshooting applications of video resources and electronic media.
- Experience providing audio/visual support in a higher education environment
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organization and attention to detail skills
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis. You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until September 21st, 2017.
Job Category: Engineering and Architecture/Physical Science and Engineering
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: Sep 8, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 21, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Jane Johnson
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00737975