ERP Business Analyst II
ERP Business Analyst II
ERP Business Analyst II
IT Shared Services - 925000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
IT Shared Services (ITSS) is part of the Finance Division of The University of North Texas System. The mission of ITSS is simple: to be the best at delivering customer-aligned IT solutions and services. Our services are provided to all member institutions using an IT shared services governance model.
IT Shared Services provides the primary technology used by all campuses to support their operations. These include: shared resources of data centers, computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services. As a department, we strive to provide the most professional personnel possible to serve our campus constituents.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire an ERP Business Analyst II to join their team.
The ERP Business Analyst II works closely with departmental customers to conduct ERP enterprise application business analysis, identify business objectives and requirements, and prepare test plans . Collects information to assist in the development of technology plans and strategies. Assists in planning and implementing ERP systems related projects. Maximizes customer satisfaction by supporting ongoing information services to designated clients.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Elicit requirements to identify a future state that addresses a business problem.
* Analyze and manage requirements to an effective set that will provide a positive impact in advancing business objectives.
* Create compelling business cases with the ability to communicate and measure proposed project benefits.
* Provide input to effort estimates and partner with teams to quantify resource requirements.
* Create solutions that advance architectural objectives.
* Design usable solutions for end-user adoption and productivity improvement.
* Create and execute test plans that map to requirements.
* Confer with analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
* Coordinate software system installation in conjunction with application teams and monitor system functioning to ensure specifications are met.
* Liaisons between business users and technical teams to communicate requirements, test plans and appropriate project information.
* Supports business users for application systems, addresses functional system issues and questions.
* Obtain and use information on factors such as standards, reporting formats required, costs, performance needs and security needs to determine system non-functional requirements.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree with coursework in computing or information systems and three years of progressively responsible business analysis experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this role. Has general knowledge of Information Technology concepts, systems, platforms, tools and technologies.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* PeopleSoft Payroll, HR, and/or Finance experience ? or other ERP System
* Familiarity with Best Practices and Business Analysis techniques
* Higher education experience
* Familiarity with SQL
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting