Assistant Director II
Dining-Residential - 163720
Is this an internal posting only?
Hours will vary
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods.
Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls are open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream is made on campus. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance
The UNT Food Department is seeking to hire an Assistant Director II- Chef Manager to join their team.
The (Chef) General Manager will be involved in the preparation and serving of food in the Resident Dining Hall. The (Chef) General Manager is responsible for the quality and quantity of food, and for the general appearance and sanitary cleanliness of the unit.
Job Duties Include:
* Judge the quality of food, preparation, and work processes of each employee each day. Works with a high sense of urgency to ensure adherence to standards.
* Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates to employees. Directs staff so that all standard operating procedures are followed 100% of the time.
* Evaluates procedures to ensure established business metrics are net.
* Manages so that forecasting, ordering, inventory, and employee scheduling are accomplished according to standard operating procedures.
* Interviews, hires, trains, and supervises salaried and hourly staff
* Maintain kitchen facilities and equipment in a clean and sanitary state at all times.
* Participation with development of evaluation goals, objectives, organizational plans and special projects
* Assisting in catered functions as business requires
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Executive Chef and Resident Dining Director.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and four years of professional related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Extensive experience with high-volume food service in a college and university setting.
* Bachelor's degree
* Culinary Background or graduate from an accredited culinary school
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting