Business Relationship Coordinator
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Business Relationship Coordinator
School of Business - 6010620
Cover Letter, Resume
The Business Relationship Coordinator for the School of Business (SBA) is committed to building and developing relationships with the local and state business community. The position will ensure the various external constituencies of the School are engaged in activities that help maintain visibility and effectiveness in our role in the community; to connect business, alumni, and our students; and to build the resources of the School of Business in an effort to foster business relationships to connect students with potential internships and employers.
- Assist the Dean of the School of Business (SBA) in establishing and strengthening relationships within the business community
- Facilitate the activities of the SBA Board of Visitors, student engagement activities, and events
- Assist in identifying and developing internship and career opportunities for SBA students
- Assist with the collection of SBA alumni information
- Plan, implement, and promote SBA alumni programs
- Assist with development and planning of programming involving SBA Centers and the business community
- Collect and report key metrics
- Perform other duties as assigned
Commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of work experience in a corporate environment
- Previous experience and/or education in sales, marketing, communications, alumni relations, event planning, or related area
- Master's degree in business-related field
- Experience working in higher education environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage the business community
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).