Position provides individual, group, and couples psychotherapy, and crisis intervention to currently enrolled students. Provides training and supervision to advanced doctoral-level mental health trainees and assists with psycho-educational outreach. Provides oversight for coordination of specific program area such as Outreach, Groups and Workshops, or Marketing.
Assists with adherence to professional standards in keeping with accrediting body-The International Association of Counseling Services.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary for Announcement
Commensurate with experience and education
Counseling Center Office
Full Time Administrators
Full-time, 12-month position.
Clinical Duties (60%): Provides evidence-based and culturally competent services to students through individual, group, initial evaluation, and crisis intervention to a diverse student body in the University’s Counseling Center utilizing brief and short-term models of psychotherapy. Maintains a high case load of 20-25 clients weekly. Conducts evaluations of high risk cases and participates in campus crisis activities following disruptive events. Conducts substance abuse assessments and interventions. Initiates mental health holds in keeping with Colorado Mental Health Statutes. Consults with faculty, staff, and student groups on a variety of mental health related issues. Evening, weekend, and holiday crisis coverage are not required.
Clinical Supervision (10%): Provides competency-based individual supervision to graduate student trainees in mental health that attracts advanced–level doctoral trainees from the local Denver community. Expresses familiarity with different theoretical supervision models and related areas of research. Is able to provide ethical guidance and support to supervisees for challenging situations and encourage professional growth and development. Is able to be organized in keeping up with supervisee caseload and is able to monitor high risk issues in keeping with the professional standards of care.
Coordinatorship and Outreach (30%): Provides coordinatorship for specific programming areas such as Outreach, Professional Development, and Practicum Training. Initiates and maintains professional liaison relationships with faculty and staff to enhance outreach efforts to the traditionally under-served students on campus. Conducts outreach presentations on mental health and diversity topics to classes and a variety of minority groups including lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender and queer/ questioning persons; the differently-abled veteran students; and ethnically diverse populations. Serves on internal and university-wide committees in keeping with areas of expertise and interest.
1) Earned Doctoral Degree in Clinical/Counseling Psychology from a regionally accredited institution.
2) Licensed or license-eligible as a Psychologist in Colorado, within one year of hire
3) Previous experience with providing clinical supervision to mental health trainees
4) Previous clinical experience in assessing high-risk cases
5) Experience with brief and short-term models of psychotherapy.
6) Experience in working with ethnically and culturally diverse populations.
1) Professional experience in working with substance abuse prevention and intervention
2) Professional experience in working with eating disorders and sexual assault
3) Previous professional counseling experience in working with diverse populations
4) Previous experience in carrying a high case load of about 25 clients weekly on average
5) Experience in conducting outreach presentations to faculty, staff, and students
6) Strong oral and written communication skills.
7) Strong commitment to maintaining a team environment
8) Previous experience in working in a college/university Counseling Center environment
9) Experience in being a strong team player
10) Strong interest in interacting with the on-campus academic community.
Close on Closing Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
This posting will close at midnight MST on the closing date.