Clinical Services Technician/UKHC
The Clinical Services Technician (CST) will be responsible for direct patient care and provides clinical support to providers.
Duties include but not limited to the following: obtain patient medical history information, expedite patient flow, room patients, stocking clinic with supplies, navigate electronic health record system, schedule and follow-up with appointments and assist with medication fill requests, prior authorizations and schedule tests, procedures and consults.
The CST will communicate with pharmacies, insurance companies, patients and physicians in a respectful manner and follow UK Healthcare behavioral expectations for service excellence.
Clinical Services Technician/UKHC
M3030:Cancer Clinic Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Have one or more of the following: 1. Kentucky Registered SRNA, 2. RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical, 3. Military Medic, 4. Acquired clinical services technician (CST) competencies through continuous employment in a CST role at UKHC for 12 months, 5. Graduate from a medical assistant program.
BLS at time of hire through American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support certification for the Healthcare Provider.
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, may require some holidays
Ability to multi task, excellent time management skills and critical thinking skills, computer skills, typing, patient registration, Knowledgeable of SCM, APM, ability to work as a team player, delivery of excellent customer service, experience with Outlook/Excel.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
High School Graduate plus one or more years clinic experience involving direct patient contact, phlebotomy experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Do you have one or more of the following: 1. Kentucky Registered SRNA, 2. RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical, 3. Military Medic, 4. Acquired clinical services technician (CST) competencies through continuous employment in a CST role at UKHC for 12 months, or 5. Graduate from a medical assistant program?
- * Do you have a current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA), or are you eligible to obtain this by date of hire?
- * Do you have clerical experience in an ambulatory setting?
- * Do you have previous experience in phelbotomy and obtaining labs?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter