Facilities/Public Safety Software Analyst
Facilities/Public Safety Software Analyst
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09152
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Classified; Level 25; Full-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $4,488 to $4,585 per month
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
The primary goal of this position is to ensure the smooth operation of the Department of Public Safety (DPS) and Facilities Management Services (FMS) information technology systems to provide maximum performance and availability for the system users.
They are responsible for installing, maintaining, coordinating, and supporting Electronic Security software systems, including (but not limited to) electronic door access control systems, security camera systems, mass notification systems, computerized maintenance management systems, mobile device management, and related IT infrastructures throughout the PCC service district. This senior technical position provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support for these systems, creates and maintains related documentation, develops and maintains technical and operational standards, and works projects and tasks as needed to support change requests and upgrades to new and/or improved equipment and procedures. They must be well versed with the engineering, troubleshooting, and administration of the supported technologies. This position requires excellent analytical, problem management, organization, communication, and customer service skills.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains and supports the availability and integrity of electronic security and facilities management related software.
2. Daily management and maintenance tasks for electronic security and facility management systems.
3. Works closely with Public Safety, Facilities Management, and IT department staff to coordinate maintenance, support, monitoring and alerting, and new installations.
4. Monitors related systems performance and implements performance tuning and alerting.
5. Provides escalation support, including guidance to other staff, and engages external vendor support as required.
6. Escalates design and complex issues to management and/or systems architects, and works under their direction as required
7. Acts as a backup to the FMS Database Coordinator in providing support to the Assetworks AiM IWMS system.
8. Develops reports from the Assetworks AiM database using Eclipse BIRT and/or Pentaho reporting tools
9. Troubleshoot, resolve, and document electronic security and related systems issues.
10. Develops and maintains disaster recovery procedures for electronic security systems.
11. Verifies and tests system back-ups and recovery procedures and manages data archival process.
12. Manages related product's licensing and maintenance contract renewals, and ongoing cost projections
13. Manages vendor relationships, including escalated support, and product and service quotes.
14. Works well both alone or in a team setting, and is expected to manage their time effectively.
15. Conduct periodic audits, testing, and remediation in accordance with Standards and Practices.
16. Maintain a highly secure infrastructure, protecting sensitive data from internal and external threats.
17. Respond to requests for assistance or information in a timely and professional manner.
18. Other duties as assigned.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that support all of the following qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
Associate degree in computer related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Two years experience in complex systems design, programming and systems software and support.
- An in-depth variety of programming languages; a spectrum of equipment and technologies in use (oldest to newest).
- Perform feasibility studies and programming analysis; determine alternate program design approaches and facilitate most effective solution to meet user needs; work independently and make necessary decisions throughout the systems process within department guidelines; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively; communicate technical and complex information both orally and in writing; provide effective training/coaching to others.
- Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Work environment includes typical computer related noise levels and paper and equipment generated dust. Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a regular basis. Learned physical skill is required for keyboarding and use of peripheral equipment. Moderate lifting occasionally occurs.
1. Experience implementing and supporting large scale electronic security systems spread across multiple locations.
2. Experience in physical security systems such as AMAG, Milestone and WAVES systems.
3. Experience with Facilities Management systems as Assetworks AiM IWMS and Mobile Device Management.
4. Experience scripting or programming for enterprise systems integration.
5. Knowledge of Microsoft SQL server and IIS server configuration and operation
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory integration
7. Project Management or Project Coordination experience
8. Educational institution experience
When you apply, Please be prepared to attach a document with your responses to the following Required Questions:
1. Please describe your experience in supporting AMAG, Milestone, WAVES, and AiM systems.
2. Of the applications this position will be supporting (AMAG, Milestone, Waves, AiM) please describe which you feel will be your biggest challenge. Why do you feel this will be a challenge and what steps would you take to overcome this.
3. This position provides support to critical public safety and security applications. Please describe your experience in working in a similar environment.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
"Facilities/Public Safety Software Analyst" is the working title for this position; the formal title in the PCC job classification system is "Programmer/Analyst II"
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the Required Questions from the Committee - scroll down to see "Required Questions" below - (Attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.