Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology (Social Movements and Intersectionality)
College of Liberal Arts
Department of Sociology
Tenure-Track Position Opening
RECRUITMENT NUMBER: 2461
POSITION: Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology (Social Movements and Intersectionality)
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 20, 2018 (Fall Semester)
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
TO APPLY VISIT: http://web.csulb.edu/
• Ph.D. in Sociology or related discipline at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2018.
• Specialization in the areas of Social Movements and Intersectionality (i.e. race, class, gender, and sexuality)
• Demonstrated potential for effective teaching at the college level.
• Demonstrated potential for continued development of research, scholarly and creative activities.
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
• Evidence of scholarship
• Evidence of successful teaching in Social Movements and Intersectionality.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor students and supervise research.
• Evidence of service in an academic institution or the community.
Review of applications to begin October 16, 2017
Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status.CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.