Director of Strategic Partnerships
The Latino Leadership Institute (LLI) is looking for a talented, proven leader, and team player with great energy and initiative to fill a strategic role Director of Strategic Partnerships. Direct and third-party partnerships are essential to support our strategic growth objectives. As such, the Director will be responsible for developing, nurturing and maintaining long-term partnerships with key strategic/corporate partners. The Director will be responsible for identifying opportunities with and for new partners and developing strategies for raising and increasing revenue.
The Latino Leadership Institute (LLI) at the University of Denver (DU) is the nation's premier professional development program advancing an elite network of Latino leaders. Through its exceptional Fellowship Program, the Institute prepares Latino leaders for the highest levels of influence in the business, education, government, and non-profit sectors.
- Identify, prioritize, and develop specific partner opportunities and strategic alliances that are optimized for exceptional revenue growth.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities according to the LLIs vision, mission, strategic approach and revenue goals.
- Develop, lead, and manage direct and third-party relationship strategies to expand existing partnerships in addition to pursuing new opportunities with partners to monetize the relationships.
- Build and maintain or grow long-term sponsor relationships. Expand the LLIs market reach by Identifying new alliances.
- Proactively and professionally manage all strategic/corporate partnerships.
- Ensure the LLI has an effective framework for creating, maintaining, and evaluating long-term key partnerships.
- Establish strategy for revenue growth with existing and new partners.
- Create and manage a complete partner program for the LLI including on-boarding, branding, and co-marketing.
- Create all necessary go-to-market plans, messages and materials to drive success for the partnership program.
- Develop joint partnership proposals and conduct contract negotiations.
- Responsible for representing the LLI and its offerings to potential partners and managing existing third-party relations.
- Develop and implement corporate recruitment strategy for Fellowship Program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to interact with Executives, C-Level management and leadership teams to ensure objectives are met.
- Passion for developing and maintaining strategic business partnerships.
- Understanding of relationship building process including strategy, approach, execution, delivery and collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Ability to build and drive productive relationships with the strategic/corporate partner's management teams and key stakeholders.
- Presence, confidence and energy required to engage and influence many different types of personalities within the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication and executive presentation skills.
- Ability to understand and articulate the business value of the LLI.
- Excellent multi-tasking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Highly organized and attention to details.
- Maintains a high level of integrity and consistent ethical judgment in all working relationships and related duties.
- Strategic partnerships.
- Team leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management or a closely related field.
- Corporate marketing and communications brand management, PR, website development, sales and marketing collateral (direct mail, email, print media, etc.), editorial, facilitation of focus groups and event marketing.
- Product strategy and integration.
- Program development/management/implementation.
- Project management.
- Product development/management/marketing.
- Intellectual property development and launch of training programs and materials, including eLearning, LMS and mobile learning environments, protection of intellectual property.
- Sales process and enablement.
- Organizational Development Strategy.
- Strategic Planning.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm on Wednesday, September 20, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position please contact Jessica Lovan at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.