Program Manager of Data Development
Program Manager of Data Development for Southern New Hampshire University in Manchester, NH:
- Create and maintain COCE reporting database(s), including ETL, schedule SQL jobs, monitor and optimize performance of database structures, index tables, back up/ archive, and coordinate with ITS to ensure server resource optimization, storage capacity, and future supportability.
- Create and deploy multi-dimensional OLAP model cubes to consolidate and transform data required to meet operational, managerial and executive-level reporting needs of business units. Collaborate with data analysts to ensure continuity of data across reporting spectrum. Design and implement dimensions, facts and OLAP model cubes and create views used for reporting on KPI's.
- Design, develop and deliver automated versions of mission-critical, drill-through matrix reports/ dashboards/ scorecards to inform business units and Leadership of status of business at all levels utilizing expertise/ knowledge of SSIS, SSMS, SQL, VB, XML, MDX, HTML, SSRS, Power BI. Utilize SQL Server BI Stack (SQL Server 2008/2012/2016) and knowledge of SQL and data mining processes to ETL, transform and model data for reports/ dashboards/ scorecards used to predict, track and trend student performance, identify causality, highlight areas of strengths/ weaknesses, etc., to drive daily operations and inform Leadership, enabling them to make strategic business decisions to drive student success and support growth that aligns with COCE goals and vision. Ensure accuracy and integrity of data.
- Perform Agile Software Development managed through combination of Scrum / Kanban project management methodologies used for analyst developer teams.
- Establish and manage standard code review process for student-side analyst developer team; ensure proper tool usage (Redgate) for optimization of code, generating deployment scripts and compliance with approved code structure and nomenclature; institute continuous improvement measures with the analyst developer team; develop/ maintain documentation on best practices and performance optimization techniques; identify and escalate issues related to infrastructure to appropriate management group; develop / maintain performance issues reporting related to coding best practice requirements and keep appropriate management group updated on status.
- Develop and manage documentation review process for student-side analyst developer group to ensure compliance with established expectations that include completion of all object versioning in Team Foundation (TFS) and documentation requirement Confluence. Retrain analyst(s) when areas that are not compliant are identified and ensure that process is followed moving forward. Train new analysts on compliance expectations.
- Manage ongoing continuous improvement processes for the Analyst Developer Group (ADG) to ensure congruence of data objects (databases, OLAP model cubes, Data Marts) using Redgate tools. This includes reviewing and identifying areas where duplication of effort occurs within the current infrastructure, recommending a standard solution / process, implementing changes, and training the ADG on the new process. Train new analysts on expectations. Coordinate efforts among student-side analyst developer team to identify and rectify limitations in data sources and data delivery options.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Four (4) years of experience with:
- Database management, including database design / functionality of MS SQL or Oracle relational databases and network structure;
- Architecting/ modeling data structures supporting complex reporting and/or analytics layers, including data retrieval (ETL/ELT) and development of consumable data structures.
- Total experience to include 2 years of experience with:
- creating data structures using the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), SQL, VB/VBA, HTML and XML;
- working in all phases of Agile SDLC; and
- working in an academic environment.