Position type: Exempt
Salary: $45,000-$48,000 DOQ
Opens: September 7, 2017
Closes: October 5, 2017
Location: Main Campus; Olympia, WA
South Puget Sound Community College seeks a creative, dynamic, and collaborative individual to fill the position of Outreach/Admissions Specialist in the Outreach & Recruitment departments.
The position involves providing advice, counsel, support and strategies for successful navigation of enrollment steps for all prospective students and members of the community considering pursuing their educational endeavors. It also involves managing the development and implementation of targeted general student recruitment and outreach designed to meet overall college enrollment goals in targeted geographic areas and specific student populations. A flexible working schedule is required as the position will require evening and weekend work.
The Outreach/Admissions Specialist reports directly to the Director of Outreach & Recruitment and is responsible as the key Recruiter for the entire college.
Provide basic and detailed information related to college educational programs and services to students, parents and other community members who inquire (40%).
- Recruit, unconditionally, students from all backgrounds, regardless of ethnicity, socio-economic status, or gender, as well as through respectful interactions with other SPSCC representatives in compliance with SPSCC’s Non-Discrimination Policy.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement and facilitate information sessions and presentations for high schools, the general public and targeted community members.
- Schedule and conduct regular high school visits, and attend recruitment fairs at a variety of venues, including high schools and community service agencies.
- Communicate both orally and in writing with prospects and their advocates about SPSCC’s admission requirements, program offerings, basic financial aid requirements, and scholarship opportunities.
- Provide one-on-one enrollment steps appointments with prospective students, as needed, to support them through the process of becoming a student at SPSCC.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of SPSCC Olympia and Lacey campus programs and opportunities of interest to prospects and community.
- Manage development of constructive relationships with prospective students and their families, as well as high school counselors, teachers, principals, alumni, and other constituents.
- Lead efforts in maintaining contact with community based organizations and schools and support efforts in Student Services.
Assist in the data and process management of students in the enrollment funnel, and the attainment of numeric recruiting goals set by the Director of Student Outreach & Recruitment (20%).
- Proactively organize, implement and track recruitment activities and events at various schools and organizations and keep detailed data on events attended.
- Utilize the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system to track prospect contacts, communicate with targeted groups of students, coordinate event registrations, and analyze data on prospective student interactions/conversions.
- Maintain knowledge base of off-site proctoring of the ACCUPLACER placement test, conduct annual training of community proctors, and administration of database of testing scores.
- Provide reports pertaining to outreach & recruitment activities
Working as part of a team, provide program coordination for various campus visits, regular workshop/information sessions, as well as support in enrollment and recruitment for related programs on campus (30%).
- Schedule, coordinate, facilitate and document Group Visits/Tours to campus, and serve as direct contact for all group visit event logistics between visiting group and departmental faculty and staff.
- Provide information via large & small group presentations, including coordination of Admission Information Sessions
- Manage projects, coordinate events and complete outreach activities and data entry, as needed.
- Responsible for managing regularly scheduled campus tours.
- Conduct regular Running Start information sessions, as needed.
- Provide transition workshops to assist students when transitioning from ABE/GED/ESL courses to credit-bearing college courses.
- Provide outreach and support to Worker Retraining students, and facilitate connecting them to appropriate staff members.
- Provide support for Tech Prep teacher verifications, registrations & transcriptions.
- Host presentations on financial literacy and process and options for paying for college.
- Provide oversight to Start Here ‘Welcome Desk’ student staff.
- Professionally represent SPSCC to its constituents.
- Participate in appropriate on- and off-campus committees and task forces related to outreach and recruiting activities.
- Provide idea-generation, development and publication of relevant outreach materials; track, maintain and distribute outreach materials and assist in the marketing and promotion of SPSCC and its programs.
- Initiate, implement and complete projects independently and as part of a team.
Provide leadership for and co-manage the Ambassador Grant (AG) student Ambassador Program (10%).
- Develop, implement and facilitate annual/ongoing training & support.
- Mentor AG student ambassadors, facilitate quarterly progress meetings and build a diverse team of student leaders.
- Connect, recruit and build relationships with area high school counselors and staff to build recruitment funnel for ambassador program and outreach by ambassadors to alma mater high schools, and community organizations.
- Coordinate and manage ambassador participation at on- and off-campus events; manage the AG budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Leadership, Education or a related field AND two (2) years of professional experience in the field OR equivalent education/experience.
- Effective interpersonal skills with an ability to establish strong relationships and partnerships.
- Decisiveness, flexibility and ability to work in a fast paced environment of growth and change.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks, and manage competing priorities and demands.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present in front of groups, work well with others and function as a team member.
- Advanced knowledge of computers and software applications, specifically MS Office suite: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Commitment to a working environment that values a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and educational backgrounds.
- Master’s degree preferred
Your responses to the following questions are required as part of your application for this position; not to exceed three (3) pages total.
- Please describe your experience with student recruitment and outreach activities, and/or your work building teams.
- How do you see the work of this position supporting student learning, success, & completion?
- What interests you in this position and how do you think your prior experiences and interests prepare you for it?
- Please describe how you will contribute to the diversity of this campus.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following required items:
- Complete SPSCC Employment Application
- Letter of formal application that specifically addresses your ability to perform the responsibilities and competencies described in this announcement
- Resume of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications
- Responses to the 4 Supplemental Questions above
- Copies of or unofficial transcripts.
Send application materials via one of the delivery methods below- email is preferred:
Fax: (360) 596-5706
Human Resource Office
South Puget Sound Community College
2011 Mottman Road SW
Olympia, WA 98512