HR Manager, Training and Performance
The HR Manager, Training and Performance will focus on identifying training needs and developing and monitoring training programs, courses and career path objectives for employees of WC Smith, our affiliate WCS Construction, and our various subsidiary companies. This individual will have the additional responsibility of working with employees and managers on employee relations issues such as performance and development needs.
Training and Development
- Consult with senior leaders to identify learning and development needs across the organization.
- Assist with the development and implementation of training concepts, using both internal and external subject matter experts.
- Research and recommend "best in class" training and development solutions, either off-the-shelf or customized, that effectively delivers critical content and effectuate knowledge transfer.
- Partner with management to develop training curriculums and career paths for job families across the organization.
- Design and facilitate comprehensive and effective onboarding program, coordinating with hiring managers and administrative departments, including programs to enhance success of new managers.
- Contribute to the development of human resources training materials and conduct employment-related training, such as interviewing skills, legal compliance, new hire orientation and other on-boarding training.
- Analyze needs, trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies related to learning and development.
- Identify training needs for positions, properties and workforce and succession planning.
- Assist with implementation and training needs associated with other human resources or operational initiatives
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal/regulatory federal and state requirements to ensure fair and consistent daily management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance for employees.
- Provide day-to-day employee relations guidance to management as required.
- Coach employees and managers on employee-related issues, including but not limited to, performance coaching, career path alignment, promotions, transfers and/or terminations.
- Assist in the resolution of complex employee relations issues related to performance, learning and/or development.
- Create individualized coaching plans. Training may include online services, webinars, in-person meetings or workshops.
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in human resources or organizational development or related field. PHR or SPHR desired.
- Minimum of seven years human resources and/or training experience with progressively more responsibility, with experience in property management industry a HUGE plus.
- Familiarity and experience with learning and development programs, determining training objectives and needs and implementing learning and development programs.
- Aptitude to communicate and interact effectively with all personnel at all levels of responsibility within the company.
- Ability to lead and partner with employees across the organization to implement programs.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills and a strong customer service orientation.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of federal, state and DC labor and employment law, as well as EEOC and wage and hour requirements.
WC Smith is a Washington, DC-based multidisciplinary real estate firm. The company has provided integrated real estate services to the Washington metropolitan area for over four decades. In complement to its development, construction, sales and financial divisions, the firm owns and / or manages a portfolio in excess of 10,000 units of residential real estate. With a group of subsidiary service companies under the WC Smith umbrella, the firm is able to offer exemplary service to its clients.
Thu, 7 Sep 2017 14:23:44 PDT