Student Life Officer
Student Life Officer
Job Number: 76241
The Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program at the Stanford School of Medicine is seeking an energetic Student Life Officer (Student Services Officer 2) to administer, implement, and interpret university, department, and program policies and procedures on student life issues, including but not limited to matriculation, financial aid, housing, registrar services, wellbeing, advising, and academic services. Identify, clarify, and resolve highly visible or complex issues with substantial significance and impact that may span multiple areas, using advanced technical and professional knowledge requiring independent judgment. The Student Life Officer must be committed to ensuring a student experience of the highest possible quality.
- Advise and serve as primary resource for all student life matters listed above, for students from matriculation through graduation, in order to guide them in making appropriate choices and decisions. Provide limited resources and services for applicants and alumni. Liaise with other University units as needed in support of students.
- Collaborate with team members as well as colleagues within the University community to help resolve student life-related program issues and concerns, interpret policies, and mediate complex and sensitive issues.
- Resolve multi-dimensional matters in response to students in crisis, at risk, or who have other program issues, counsel students and parents on sensitive and confidential issues. Create systems to help prevent worst-case outcomes.
- Analyze effectiveness of current student life programs and make recommendations for future programs.
- Apprise students of research, fellowship and scholarship opportunities, make recommendations and may award grants.
- Perform analysis of and execution on student stipends and other miscellaneous student financial transactions as needed, remaining cognizant of budgetary realities. May oversee reimbursement and payment processes for student life events such as orientation and graduation.
- Lead organization and execution of various student life events, such as orientation and graduation. Oversee vendor selection and other logistical processes, liaising with internal and external stakeholders and service providers as necessary.
- Highly organized, energetic, self-motivated person with experience independently resolving student services issues
- Experience with wide ranging student services and university offices, including but not limited to Financial Aid, Registrar, Housing, Vaden student health services, and student compliance
- Experience with PeopleSoft student record system
- Demonstrated experience developing and standardizing processes and innovating student services
- Experience with Master's or Graduate level student population
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and management.
- Advanced analysis and problem solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to ensure and apply compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
About Stanford UniversityStanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote health, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Job: Student Services
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.