Communications and Outreach Coordinator
Communications and Outreach Coordinator
Job Number: 76237
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description The Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center (Shorenstein APARC) is a unique Stanford University institution focused on the interdisciplinary study of contemporary Asia. Shorenstein APARC's mission is to produce and publish outstanding interdisciplinary, Asia-Pacific-focused research; educate students, scholars, and corporate and governmental affiliates; promote constructive interaction to influence U.S. policy toward the Asia-Pacific; and guide Asian nations on key issues of societal transition, development, U.S.-Asia relations, and regional cooperation. Reporting to the Center Director, the Communications and Outreach Coordinator will work with the Center faculty, program leadership and staff. The Communications and Outreach Coordinator will have responsibilities in the following areas: manage and write new content for the Center website; write and edit Center monthly external newsletter, articles, news releases for print and electronic publishing; provide editorial guidance and write feature content for six program and initiative websites; manage and expand Center's social media presence on Twitter and Facebook; serve as liaison for on- and off-campus media; represent the Center for Institute and University communications activities; develop relationships with campus and external organizations news and media organizations; assist Center Director with correspondence, intro remarks and with donor stewardship; and oversee Center contact database. For consideration please submit resume and cover letter. A background check will be required for all final candidates. JOB PURPOSE: Under minimal supervision, provide support in planning, coordinating, and implementing communication programs. Develop external written communications and design and coordinate media relations programs and eorts. CORE DUTIES*:
- Develop, execute and oversee written communications of moderate complexity, including presentations, speeches, news stories, web content, talking points, and correspondence and social media posts.
- Participate in regular meetings of key researchers with media relations needs to develop strategies and tactics for facilitating eective communications.
- Assist in identifying and maintaining professional relationships with key press and community leaders.
- Assist in preparing content for internal or external newsletters. Understand email and digital content distribution.
- Identify individuals/groups to attend and/or speak at public meetings or other events.
- Coordinate media, community or government relations, and ensure logistics and preparations are handled.
- Excellent written communication skills, reporting skills, and skills in conceptual editing, copy editing, and proof reading.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal communications groups across campus.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a variety of people.
- Capacity to write and synthesize materials and communicate information in a manner easily understood.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/ne manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/le paperwork.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- On call and ability to respond 24/7.
Location: Dean of Research
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.