Family & Community Engagement Specialist
Family & Community Engagement Specialist - Pinellas Head Start / Early Head Start
General Description: Supports and assists families as they identify and meet their own goals through a family-centered case management model for developing and carrying out the program family partnership agreements., including responsibility for child files, enrollment/applications, etc. Assists with the completion of the child health requirements and other required screenings and assessments. Participates in the HS/EHS Quality Assurance efforts.
• Coordinates with center staff to integrate family partnership goals with classroom efforts and to ensure integrated child and family curriculum.
• Participates in team management functions of planning, implementing and evaluating family and community engagement goals and objectives.
• Participates in in-service, workshops, conferences and college courses to enhance skills.
• Recruits prospective families and assists with enrollment process.
• Works cooperatively with local agencies to assist families to linkup with services in the local community.
• Assists with the completion of the child health screening, other required screenings and assessments and is familiar with referral requirements.
• Conducts and documents follow-up on all referrals.
• While respecting family confidentiality, regularly shares information with teachers to ensure coordinated services that meet the needs of individual children and families.
• Provides health, safety and family literacy activities to parents, as appropriate.
• Develops a working knowledge of community resources, and visits, at least annually, with major agencies for service delivery updates and community resource guide updates.
• Attends parent/teacher conferences as requested.
• Ensures an appropriate written transition plan is prepared for all children, six months prior to their third birthday.
• Documents all efforts to assist families, tracks family partnership efforts and outcomes, records, monitors and follows up on referrals, and submits reports as required. Attends all workshops and meetings as deemed necessary by the supervisor
• Attends all required staff and parent meetings and activities.
• Maintains strict confidentiality at all times with respect to Head Start/Early Head Start children, families and staff in accordance with established policies and procedures, including the ability to recognize situations in which confidentiality is required.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Education: Associates Degree is required in Social Work or Human Services or related human services field.
Experience: At least one year of experience working with children and families in a social services environment. Head Start/Early Head Start experience preferred.
Education: High School diploma or GED but must obtain a credential or certificate within 18 (eighteen) months of hire in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field to remain employed in position.
Experience: At least three years of experience working with children and families in a social services environment. Head Start/Early Head Start experience preferred.
Bilingual preferred: English/Spanish or English and other languages present in the local area.
• Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of social work and human behavior.
• Knowledge of human development and health.
• Knowledge of social services and health services available in the area.
• Knowledge of computer data entry processes.
• Knowledge of family-centered practices.
• Ability to communicate ideas and instructions orally and in writing.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to speak before groups of individuals, such as Committees and Staff meetings.
• Ability to calculate amounts by adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and figuring percentages.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to make recommendations and develop implementation strategies.
• Basic computer skills.
Lutheran Services Florida Children & Head Start Services
**By clicking "Apply Now" you will be redirected to our career site to complete our agency application.
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) is an organization that is guided by big ideas and these guiding principles create an imperative to serve that compels LSF to build on organizational strengths, overcome weaknesses and create effective programs in response to human suffering and need. The mission, values, vision and ends polices guide the work of LSF. These guiding principles also shape the advocacy and promotion efforts of the organization, which focus on the needs of the vulnerable, overcoming barriers to service and positioning LSF to effectively respond to opportunities.
The LSF business model responds to a rapidly changing service landscape with an aggressive growth strategy. That growth is predicated on methodical pursuit of entrepreneurial opportunities and the maintenance of a new program "pipeline." LSF provides value by developing and competently deploying efficient organizational structures; effective operating policies and procedures; accountable management systems and processes; and expertise in the form of personnel, strategic alliances or purchased services.
We have over 60 Programs throughout Florida, an operating budget of over $210 million dollars and 1,400 employees. Our Head Start Programs are in multiple counties throughout Florida providing multiple program options including center base, family childcare, home base, pregnant mothers, infants and toddlers.
MISSION: Lutheran Services Florida serves to bring Gods healing, hope and help to people in need in the name of Jesus Christ.
VISION: LSF sees itself and its employees as called and committed servants of Christ by serving the needy, the frail, and the powerless with integrity, faith, love and kindness in order to change lives, restore dignity, work for justice and bring healing, hope and help.
LSF is a leader in the State of Florida in providing human services.
VALUES: We derive our basic values from a Biblical understanding of loving creative and redemptive activity in Christ Jesus.
We seek partnerships with congregations to serve people in need.
We recognize that no one agency or group can be fully effective when working alone; and we therefore seek relationships with other faith-based organizations and/or community-based organizations with similar missions.
We do not discriminate in the provision of services.
We do not discriminate in hiring; we seek staff members who are culturally competent and committed to serving others.
We intentionally seek former clients capable of joining our staff, and we encourage promotion from within.
We believe that our success should be evaluated by our abilities to serve those in need and change their lives for the better.
We want employees that love serving our families. LSF: Love, Service, Faith.
Thu, 7 Sep 2017 11:10:57 PDT