Production Manager (Commercial Laundry)
WHO WE ARE
People's Linen, a family owned and operated business since 1925, is a linen rental service based in Keene, NH. We service VT, NH, MA, and parts of ME, CT, and RI. We currently employ an average of 150 employees throughout the year with two production shiftst.
This will be a full time position (45-50 hours a week). Under the direction of the GM, the Production Manager will direct, plan, assign, and monitor production department operations and activities. This will include determining priorities department operations in conjunction with production schedules, supervising and coordinating the activities of assigned personnel, and by ensuring all required duties are performed either personally or through assigned personnel. When required, the Production Manager will temporarily take on the duties of other production supervisory rolls. Safety is our top priority at People's Linen, and we pride ourselves on the quality of our work, so this job will require participation and compliance with all company policies and procedures related to quality and safety. Accuracy and organization are essential; strong leadership and a team-building spirit are paramount.
* Receives daily direction from the Plant Manager and/or General Manager. May on occasion receive direction/instruction from the Delivery Manager and Human Resource Manager when applicable. The Production Manager will attend scheduled staff meetings and daily internal production meetings.
* Studies production requirement reports and confers with General Manager and/or other supervisors.
* Reviews production performance reports on a daily basis. Responsible for monitoring and justifying all Off-Standard time. Responsible and accountable for efficient use of raw materials and inventory of supplies.
* Communicates with, advises, and directs hourly production employees as needed, to assure compliance to existing company policies, safety regulations, and goals. This will include directing and/or assisting in the training and development of their personnel.
* Continually monitors operations, including quality inspection of products produced, and basic machine operation and maintenance. This will include communicating directly with Maintenance Department as needed. The Production Manager will be able to recommend measures to improve production methods and/or equipment performance.
* Monitors and adjusts staffing or workflow as needed, while conforming to assigned objectives, plans, schedules, and budgets. The Production Manager will be able recommend the revision of existing instructions and job descriptions, or the creation of new ones.
* Can investigate and respond to employee complaints and questions concerning operations. Can recommend and apply corrective actions where necessary in accordance with People's Linen policies.
* Recommends and applies disciplinary actions as required, always adhering to guidelines outlined by company policy. This will include tracking and logging attendance for all assigned personnel. Any disciplinary actions should include participation of HR Manager.
* Must be willing and able to take an active role in plant wide safety activities. Will schedule periodic meetings with employees (when applicable) regarding safety related issues or items. Will have the authority to ensure that hazards are corrected or necessary changes to the safety and health management system are addressed.
* May be required to fill-in for other Supervisory Staff within the facility, in their absence. This may require reassignment of shift on a temporary basis when applicable.
*3-5 years management experience (commercial laundry experience a plus, but not required)
*Strong leadership and team building skills
*Enjoys organization and thorough communication
*Computer literate and familiar with the Microsoft Office suite
People's Linen Service provides resorts, hotels, and fine restaurants across New England with quality linens. We take pride in our ability to serve those who serve others. We are here to help New England shine as a welcoming place to visitors and residents alike!
Thu, 7 Sep 2017 09:26:01 PDT